Best, funny and worst keeping moments for you?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
About a month ago I had spent half the night feeding slings and was getting tired. So I decided to close up shop and go to bed. But then I realized I didn't water my H.mac so I grabbed the container set it in the desk. Took a look inside to se where or if I could see it and nothing due to the intense webbing. So I opened the lid and poured water into the dish. Like a flash it was on the outside of the container and I had taken a step back. I thought oh great and crap not now. I looked around the room for the nearest catch cup slowly reached for it and of course this made the H.mac do a lighting dance and again it stopped on the top of the container. I was over it and tired and with a commanding voice I said. Get back in your home and took a step forward. It freaking worked! It jumped back in! I quickly put the lid on and started laughing . It was hilarious .

louise f

Arachnoangel
About a month ago I had spent half the night feeding slings and was getting tired. So I decided to close up shop and go to bed. But then I realized I didn't water my H.mac so I grabbed the container set it in the desk. Took a look inside to se where or if I could see it and nothing due to the intense webbing. So I opened the lid and poured water into the dish. Like a flash it was on the outside of the container and I had taken a step back. I thought oh great and crap not now. I looked around the room for the nearest catch cup slowly reached for it and of course this made the H.mac do a lighting dance and again it stopped on the top of the container. I was over it and tired and with a commanding voice I said. Get back in your home and took a step forward. It freaking worked! It jumped back in! I quickly put the lid on and started laughing . It was hilarious .

And of course it had to be a H.mac of all spiders:eek::eek: and of course they have to run when you are tired... can clearly see the picture:rofl: But great it worked out for you that fast.:happy: Could only emagine chasing a H.mac for several hours while being tired:zombie::zombie::D:hurting:

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
One of my favourite moments has to be housing my Avicularia sp "Blue Velvet". When I got it out of its little vial, it jumped onto my hand and proceded to jump between my fingers before jumping into its enclsoure. Being my first arboreal, it was the first time witnessing a tarantula jumping and it was so cool/cute doing so!

The funniest moment so far has to be when my Grammostola pulchripes sling escaped from its enclosure. My mum was showing my brother my tarantulas (at the time I had 3) and when she was showing him my G.pulchripes sling, he noticed it was outside the enclosure. He said "Are you sure it's inside?" to my mum and she said yes, then moved the enclosure and the sling moved onto my shelf. My brother said "F**k that" and sprinted into his room slamming the door shut. Bare in mind that my sling is about 1-1.5cm long and my brother's 19 years old... I had myself in stitches. The sling was fine and was put into a new enclosure it couldn't escape from. :)

Another funny/stressful moment was rehousing my Nhandu chromatus recently. It had burrowed itself under 4-5" of substrate, so I was digging it out when its burrow collapsed. Thankfully there wasn't that much dirt but I was a little worried. I finally uncovered a leg and started brushing off the dirt with a brush. Unfortunately it was unresponsive and when I had finished brushing off the dirt it looked crushed... My heart just sank and I had thought I killed it. Only to realise moments later that it was a molt and my Nhandu chromatus had already darted into its new enclosure and was just sitting there looking at me.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
My favorite moment so far was when I unpacked my little .5 inch GBB sling. I was getting it out of its vial and it suddenly darted out, ran onto the back of my hand, faced me, and threw up a threat posture and just stared at me for like 5 seconds then calmly walked back off my hand and into its enclosure (where I had been trying to direct it). It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen...not just a .5 inch T throwing a threat posture to a potential predator that outweighs it by about 75,000 times but the way it was doing it to almost make a statement...like it was saying "I'm a boss, just so we're clear. I'm gonna go chill here now."

louise f

Arachnoangel
A funny story from last night, i was rehousing the rest of my C.marshalli babies.
There was 129 in one box. Suddenly i started a chain reaction of babies flying out of the box, 4 of them managed to get out, crap i only got 1 catch cup.:eek::eek: quickly i put the cup over the 1 one, and i hurried to get some empty boxes they were supposed to be in, and put them over the spiders one by one in a hurry.
And I laughed HAHA you are not gonna escape me, crazy spiders:p:happy:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Not sure what this will fall under.

It blows my mind every time I check out my T's. So many memories. A lot of people forget these are long term pets. Have two LPs that I have had since 2010 when they were the size of my pinkie nail. Now my girls are at a healthy 4-5 inches slowly growing over 6 years... Just crazy.

I use to be a in band (we were crap, we only existed for like 4 months), and we would jam in my room. So my bandmates and I would haul my collection into another room anytime we would jam.

just the amount of times I have changed in enclosures, feeding, mishaps such as escapes... blows my mind. Some of my T's will be around when I finally tie the knot with my fiancé and have kids. Some of them will be around when the kids graduate.

My T's will outlive my kitty... which does make me sad.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Not sure what this will fall under.

It blows my mind every time I check out my T's. So many memories. A lot of people forget these are long term pets. Have two LPs that I have had since 2010 when they were the size of my pinkie nail. Now my girls are at a healthy 4-5 inches slowly growing over 6 years... Just crazy.

I use to be a in band (we were crap, we only existed for like 4 months), and we would jam in my room. So my bandmates and I would haul my collection into another room anytime we would jam.

just the amount of times I have changed in enclosures, feeding, mishaps such as escapes... blows my mind. Some of my T's will be around when I finally tie the knot with my fiancé and have kids. Some of them will be around when the kids graduate.

My T's will outlive my kitty... which does make me sad.
I know how you feel. I look at my cats, and especially my pet snake, whom I've had since he was a hatchling, will all be outlived by my spiders, especially by my G. pulchripes. Oscar (my Ball) might live 25 more years with me, but my pulchripes could live another 40.. Just blows my mind.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
Was doing some evening feedings of my spider collection with intent to feed everyone except the fat butt B. albo who is plenty plump. It's generally turned away from me, or to the side, uninterested in the rest of the room, and this evening was no exception. As I'm finishing up with the last container and all the inhabitants are merrily munching away, I look over and there is the Albo, front paws up on the glass closest to me, and pedipalps outstretched. I can just hear it: Where is mine?

Darn those precious puppy eyes, that always gets me. Cue the happy dance as it spins itself round in little circles, a small roach firmly clamped in its fangs.

SpiderVooDoo

Arachnopeon
Moral of the story should be an obvious one...never buy arachnids from a reptile dealer...never...and why would you with all the great dealers specializing in tarantulas....I ask anyone buying from such a place the same question...would you buy your reptiles at a tarantula dealer that just dabbled in reps on the side? I wouldn't.

When my P. nigricolor was small, maybe 1.5-2" I went to feed her early one morning (like 2am), I grasped the cricket in the tweezers, opened the enclosure top, and began to lower the cricket. Still nearly 2 feet away from the enclosure lid the cricket begins to struggle. Instantly (and I mean that quite literally) she turned (she was facing the wall like she had just been reprimanded), ran to the opening and jumped the nearly 2 feet onto the tweezers, turned, snatched the cricket, jumped back down into her enclosure and began to eat...al before I could even react....I laughed so hard and may have even clapped a little....very entertaining spiders Pamphs are.
It was my first time purchasing a tarantula....I didn't know about arachnoboards and learned my lesson

Arcana

Arachnopeon
Someday I will laugh at my reaction my B. vagans sling´s behavior but when this occurred this morning I wasn't happy at all.

So, I'm new here and I got my very first Ts last Wednesday - Brachypelma vagans (1”) and Grammostola rosea (3/4”) slings. I managed to rehouse them to small jars without any trouble the day I got them. Well, this morning I was making coffee and happened to check on my beautiful slings and then I saw some white mould all over the substrate in B. vagans jar! I do have an idea how mould developed in there but, however, I have never done anything as fast (before my coffee in the morning) as I started to set up a new jar for my poor little vagans this morning. I felt so bad! My heartrate was already high because I felt like I was such a bad mom letting someone live in an environment like that... And my heartrate got even higher when I started to rehouse my vagans sling... He/she went nuts and ran like crazy all over the jar after I gently poked him/her with a brush so he/she would move. Luckily sling ran into the new jar and my hands have never been so shaky when I closed the top. I only thought "what if... !". You can call this a way to start a new hobby :playful:

And the reason why the first jar got mould was that there was wood from outdoors I didn’t sanitize well enough. This time I left there nothing but substrate and a happy crazy B. vagans sling!