Best $$$ bringing sac

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
. And why you said anything about owning wild caught animals is beyond me that had nothing to.do with .

compared to.the thousands the man you brought up earlier is capturing in there natural habitat.
That sounded to me like you were refering to wild collected animals.If not I appoligize please explain more tactfully.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
What he stated was not ignorant, it was actually fact, There are for more Crested geckos in captivity then there is in the wild on the island of New Caledonia. And he is comparing the fact that there is becoming more and more tarantulas in captivity then there is in the wild. It was actually a very good comparison. So he does have a leg to stand on.
And just because he made this comparison he is ignorant? Do you know what ignorance really even is?
That was my.point. He was calling.me ignorant because I didnt understand what he was saying which is why I said would it.be right for me to call him ignorant because he didnt understand what i was saying....

---------- Post added 10-12-2011 at 02:41 PM ----------

That sounded to me like you were refering to wild collected animals.If not I appoligize please explain more tactfully.
No what im getting at is we dont have much proof captive breeding these spiders is.really helping or not. Thats why I.used the p.metallica.as an example there has beem very few succesful sacs from this speciesin captivity as opposed to the several hundred wild caught slings being brought in by the brown boxer. It seems to me in my opinion were going to.come to.an end of "fresh bloodline" rather quickly and it only seems like the problems will get worse the more and more captive breeding we have going on. Like lets say I buy a p.met frkm can and then you buy kne from the same sac but neither of us know we get male and female then cross paths in.breeding then the process is repeat several time with our offspeing and those offsrpings offsprings. Eventually we will hit a stale mate in breeding then what good did we really do except postpone a few years? This is all figuretively speaking that they havw the same problems we would with "insest"

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No what im getting at is we dont have much proof captive breeding these spiders is.really helping or not. Thats why I.used the p.metallica.as an example there has beem very few succesful sacs from this speciesin captivity as opposed to the several hundred wild caught slings being brought in by the brown boxer. It seems to me in my opinion were going to.come to.an end of "fresh bloodline" rather quickly and it only seems like the problems will get worse the more and more captive breeding we have going on. Like lets say I buy a p.met frkm can and then you buy kne from the same sac but neither of us know we get male and female then cross paths in.breeding then the process is repeat several time with our offspeing and those offsrpings offsprings. Eventually we will hit a stale mate in breeding then what good did we really do except postpone a few years? This is all figuretively speaking that they havw the same problems we would with "insest"
Through deductive reasoning we can assume it is good.When you can sell a captive bred species cheaper than a wild caught.Then the species would be secure in captive populations,and there would be no need to import that species any longer.
90% of males will mature before their female sac mate unless precautions are taken to avoid it.
Since were talking about "proof" there is no "proof" inbreeding will have negative effect on T's.Over an extended period of time it might.In the wild some T's live in close proximity to one another and I'm sure inbreeding does take place.
I know you won't like this analogy lol. But all Hampters you see in petstores came from the same female.Back in the early 1900's or late 1800's one female with nine babies,is the result of every hampster you see in the pet trade today.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Through deductive reasoning we can assume it is good.When you can sell a captive bred species cheaper than a wild caught.Then the species would be secure in captive populations,and there would be no need to import that species any longer.
90% of males will mature before their female sac mate unless precautions are taken to avoid it.
Since were talking about "proof" there is no "proof" inbreeding will have negative effect on T's.Over an extended period of time it might.In the wild some T's live in close proximity to one another and I'm sure inbreeding does take place.
I know you won't like this analogy lol. But all Hampters you see in petstores came from the same female.Back in the early 1900's or late 1800's one female with nine babies,is the result of every hampster you see in the pet trade today.
Honestly thats probably the mosg reasonable analogy I have ever heard when this subject is brought forth. But what about the t's you see with two.abdomins.and such like that os that all result of.inbreeding or cross breeding. I dont know mich about the matter.