Best $$$ bringing sac

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok it is not legal to ship a tarantula amywhere in the us no matter what postal service you use. So how that was relevant for you to say I have no clue. And an illegal act is an illegal act. Just because somebody steals a tshirt and another steals a tv doesnt make them any less of a thief. They just arent shooting for the big stuff. Im done arguing this petty crap you were wrong to throw someone out there like that he is human he made mistakes like I said before even if they were big mistakes they were mistakes none the less.

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 05:44 PM ----------

Oh and on one last note you do realize he got caught importing through normal air mail right? The only difference youre whining about is it came from out of the country.

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 05:46 PM ----------

And you shipping your tarantulas is once again committing a crime. Repeatedly.
I'm Fedex certified to ship live animals.Do you have any clue what your talking about?

If approved by FedEx, we may accept non-venomous reptiles, amphibians, live/tropical fish and beneficial insects on an exception basis under the following conditions:

Shipments must be from a business to a business (from a breeder to a pet store, for example).
The shipper must have its packaging tested and pre-approved by FedEx Packaging Design and Development for the type of animal being shipped. Call 1.800.633.7019 for assistance. It is the responsibility of the shipper to adequately package shipments for all temperature extremes and handling conditions.

Contact your FedEx account executive for details and additional requirements.

This has been amended to include sales to private hobbiests.

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 06:24 PM ----------

Also we are not wrong for putting his head on the chopping block.ANYONE that owns a high end T has had there investment jeopardized by this person.And anyone that even owns a T has had there legal right to own a tarantula jeopardized by his action.
If you don't have a problem with that maybe you should find a diffrent hobby.

Last edited:

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I'm Fedex certified to ship live animals.Do you have any clue what your talking about?

If approved by FedEx, we may accept non-venomous reptiles, amphibians, live/tropical fish and beneficial insects on an exception basis under the following conditions:

Dude tarantulas are venomous.... Enough said. Do you have any clue what youre talkimg about? Maybe you should fimd a differemt hobby. Seriously
Shipments must be from a business to a business (from a breeder to a pet store, for example).
The shipper must have its packaging tested and pre-approved by FedEx Packaging Design and Development for the type of animal being shipped. Call 1.800.633.7019 for assistance. It is the responsibility of the shipper to adequately package shipments for all temperature extremes and handling conditions.

Contact your FedEx account executive for details and additional requirements.

This has been amended to include sales to private hobbiests.

---------- Post added 10-09-2011 at 06:24 PM ----------

Also we are not wrong for putting his head on the chopping block.ANYONE that owns a high end T has had there investment jeopardized by this person.And anyone that even owns a T has had there legal right to own a tarantula jeopardized by his action.
If you don't have a problem with that maybe you should find a diffrent hobby.
Dude. Tarantulas are venoumous.... enough said... Do you have any clue what youre talkimg about? Maybe its you that needs to find a different hobby.

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes they are,and they have eight legs...lol.What relavance does that have?

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Yes they are,and they have eight legs...lol.What relavance does that have?
525.4 Poisonous Insects and Spiders
All poisonous insects and spiders, except scorpions under limited circumstances (see 526.5), are nonmailable. Other nonpoisonous and nondisease-conveying insects are permitted as stated in DMM C022.3.8 and in Exhibit 526.6.

There is your "relavance" relevance.

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
525.4 Poisonous Insects and Spiders
All poisonous insects and spiders, except scorpions under limited circumstances (see 526.5), are nonmailable. Other nonpoisonous and nondisease-conveying insects are permitted as stated in DMM C022.3.8 and in Exhibit 526.6.

There is your "relavance" relevance.
Tarantulas are not posionous,they have been eating them in third world countries for thousands of years.
There refering to medically significant species/life threatning,some rear fanged venomous snakes can be shipped via Fedex

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
So mister certified. Since you want to be snide. Who in the world certified you to ship tarantulas im sure we would all love to know so we can get certified too. Because it sure isnt fedex cause that came straight from them....

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Poecilotheria haplopelma pterinoculus all give off medically significant bites. And can.cause serious harm.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You two's F5-ing fingers must be sore by now.
As far as the topic of this thread,I just try to cover the costs of supplies and the breeding pair,and beer,unless it is something that is not readily available.

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You two's F5-ing fingers must be sore by now.
As far as the topic of this thread,I just try to cover the costs of supplies and the breeding pair,and beer,unless it is something that is not readily available.
LOL...all in good fun
Back on track with the thread
The biggest return on a sac I have got came from an LP.But thats if you can sell them all.

TB3Redneck

Arachnosquire
Yeah thats what I thought, then again i've heard that most people just let them eat eachother off and sell the rest. I was thinking of I got an LP pair and got a sac of 1000+, i'd just sell them for .50 each+ shipping. It'd pay off, but it would take a while lol.

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ah, economic protectionism. The one thing that never goes out of style.
Cities Quotas are there for a very good reason.Were not talking about a tarrif on tea we are talking about endangered animals.I'm all for free trade.But conservation through captive propagation is the only way some of these species will survive.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even the slightly off topic parts of this thread are awesome! Quite a few of your posts made me chuckle and my Mom just asked what I was reading. X-D

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Even the slightly off topic parts of this thread are awesome! Quite a few of your posts made me chuckle and my Mom just asked what I was reading. X-D
Made me giggle and im having a terrible week.

---------- Post added 10-11-2011 at 09:05 PM ----------

Cities Quotas are there for a very good reason.Were not talking about a tarrif on tea we are talking about endangered animals.I'm all for free trade.But conservation through captive propagation is the only way some of these species will survive.
What do you base your facts on? How do any of us know that through captivity breeding Is the only way these animals will survive. I mean the p.metallica let alone is proving to be an extreme problem breeding in captavity as compared to.the thousands the man you brought up earlier is capturing in there natural habitat. Im rather confused by your statement.

drgonzo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What do you base your facts on?How do any of us know that through captivity breeding Is the only way these animals will survive.
I guess I base them on Facts Crested geckos,hampsters ,and hundreds more exist in larger numbers in captivity than in the wild.Thanks to captive breeding efforts

I mean the p.metallica let alone is proving to be an extreme problem breeding in captavity as compared to.the thousands the man you brought up earlier is capturing in there natural habitat.
There is nothing wrong with owning wild caught animals as long as they are taken LEGALLY as to not pillage,rape,and desimate local populations.

Im rather confused by your statement
Not suprising,thats why my reply is rather short and excludes large words.Because now fairly certain I'm matching witts with a 12 yr old

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I guess I base them on Facts Crested geckos,hampsters ,and hundreds more exist in larger numbers in captivity than in the wild.Thanks to captive breeding efforts

There is nothing wrong with owning wild caught animals as long as they are taken LEGALLY as to not pillage,rape,and desimate local populations.

Not suprising,thats why my reply is rather short and excludes large words.Because now fairly certain I'm matching witts with a 12 yr old
youre insulting.my intellegance because I didnt understand what you were saying... You have no leg to stand on comparing geckos to tarantulas or any other animal in general. You have an awful attitude and are in dire need of a reality check. And why you said anything about owning wild caught animals is beyond me that had nothing to.do with what I said so.since youre not understanding me can I insult you? No that wouldnt be right. So lets slim this down for you then shall we. The fact that you just called me ignorant when you just comoared a lizards survival rate to a spiders survival rate was well IGNORANT.

---------- Post added 10-12-2011 at 01:25 PM ----------

Allow me to correct myself you assumed they were the same. Which by any standards is wrong.

bravesvikings20

Arachnosquire
What he stated was not ignorant, it was actually fact, There are for more Crested geckos in captivity then there is in the wild on the island of New Caledonia. And he is comparing the fact that there is becoming more and more tarantulas in captivity then there is in the wild. It was actually a very good comparison. So he does have a leg to stand on.
And just because he made this comparison he is ignorant? Do you know what ignorance really even is?

youre insulting.my intellegance because I didnt understand what you were saying... You have no leg to stand on comparing geckos to tarantulas or any other animal in general. You have an awful attitude and are in dire need of a reality check. And why you said anything about owning wild caught animals is beyond me that had nothing to.do with what I said so.since youre not understanding me can I insult you? No that wouldnt be right. So lets slim this down for you then shall we. The fact that you just called me ignorant when you just comoared a lizards survival rate to a spiders survival rate was well IGNORANT.

---------- Post added 10-12-2011 at 01:25 PM ----------

Allow me to correct myself you assumed they were the same. Which by any standards is wrong.