Best beginner Centipede?

cardboardghost

Arachnopeon
If anyone is interested in a house centipede, I just caught a juvenile (about 1'' long) the other day in my basement. I'm currently keeping it in a little plastic container. I've seen it drink from a moist paper towel wad that I placed in the enclosure. Yesterday I fed it a waxworm, which it gladly ate/drained. I do not want to release it outside due to the cold temperatures in my area (I am in the PA/DE/MD area) nor do I want to just let it go in my house. If anyone is interested in seeing if they can get it to grow to full size I'd happily mail it to you (provided you pay the postal fees). Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
If anyone is interested in a house centipede, I just caught a juvenile (about 1'' long) the other day in my basement. I'm currently keeping it in a little plastic container. I've seen it drink from a moist paper towel wad that I placed in the enclosure. Yesterday I fed it a waxworm, which it gladly ate/drained. I do not want to release it outside due to the cold temperatures in my area (I am in the PA/DE/MD area) nor do I want to just let it go in my house. If anyone is interested in seeing if they can get it to grow to full size I'd happily mail it to you (provided you pay the postal fees). Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!
Hey @cardboardghost, still have the baby Scutigera?

cardboardghost

Arachnopeon
Hey @cardboardghost, still have the baby Scutigera?
I'm sorry I no longer have the centipede. I released it in a local greenhouse where I've observed cockroaches sometimes present. Hopefully it will take advantage of the smorgasbord in its new home. If I find another one in my house (I seem to find one or two every year) I will let you know. Thanks for the interest.

NukingTheFridge

Arachnopeon
I was given the advice that Ethmostigmus Trigonopodus would make for a great beginner pede. Not that venomus, not that defensive, overall easy to take care of.

Would you guys be as kind as to give me a second opinion?

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Honestly pedes in general aren't that hard to work with even to start off. Also working with smaller polymorpha locales to start didn't really prep me for my larger species, not saying you should get some pissy asian pede to start off but working with any pede in a deep smooth walled enclosure won't be so bad as long as you remember to use forceps and keep fingers clear. I would generally speaking just look into species that aren't too sensitive care wise, and pick whatever you like. I do recommend S. heros, longipes and the south american giants though.