1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Beginner Buthids?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by NMWAPBT, May 13, 2019.

1. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    What are some good beginner buthids? I'm looking into getting back into the scorpion hobby and have been interested in buthids. What are some species in the buthid family that are not considered medically significant?

2. Sebastian Trujillo

Sebastian Trujillo Arachnopeon

Florida
    Centruroides Gracilis, C. Exilicauda, C. Hentzi, C. Vittatus, pretty much any of the bark scorpions besides Sculpturatus and some of the Central American varieties. For C. Gracilis the Florida/Cuban variety have painful stings but not health threatening, but the south/Central American variety are medically significant despite being the same species.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    H. junceus, H. hottentotta

• Like Like x 1
  4. NMWAPBT

Thanks guys! That's a great start any others?

5. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnolord Active Member

6. NMWAPBT

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. G. Carnell

G. Carnell Arachnoemperor Old Timer

EU
    Babycurus are always a good starter buthid

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. NMWAPBT

I've been dying to find some jacksoni but so far zilch. They've been a favorite species of mine for ever lol. I want one in every color morph.

9. Falsielove13

Falsielove13 Arachnopeon

My female is a huge mean DICK of a scorp and my Male is much more chill and laid back. But other than her trying to sting everything that moves around her, they were a species on my wish list many many years before they became cheap enough and able to acquire! Awesome scorps

10. SonsofArachne

B gigas show up in the classifieds here from time to time but I haven't seen a jacksoni since I bought a adult female last year. She died a couple of months ago and I'd like to get some more myself.

11. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoprince Active Member

Not available though

12. Uroplectes sp., Lychas sp. are small but really cool looking buthids. I don't know about the availability in America though. Here in Europe they are available captive bred but I feel like there are way less scorpion breeders in America.

13. NMWAPBT

Where did you get your female from?

14. NMWAPBT

I know I'm like a crackhead out here looking for some lmao

15. SonsofArachne

pinchers & pokies - they were selling it because they couldn't find a male to breed her with, lol.

16. NMWAPBT

Damn lol that sucks