[Beginner] Question regarding my new G.Pulchrpies

Tremayne

Arachnopeon
I'm in similar situation as you Red. I got my G. pulchripes around the same, but I was lucky as it ate within 3-days; however has refused everything since then. It has burrowed and I have not seen in a couple days or so.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I'm in similar situation as you Red. I got my G. pulchripes around the same, but I was lucky as it ate within 3-days; however has refused everything since then. It has burrowed and I have not seen in a couple days or so.
Even though they are not a species who takes part in very long fasts, like their cousins, it is not unusual for them to refuse food. They might be laying low for a while or they might be getting ready to moult.
They can go for extended periods without wanting to eat. I would just ensure that they have fresh water all the time and they will come out eventually. If they have moulted - leave it for a while before offering food. The larger they are - the longer you will need to wait. For my juveniles (3-4") I will leave it for about 12-14 days.

Red Raptor

Arachnopeon
Even though they are not a species who takes part in very long fasts, like their cousins, it is not unusual for them to refuse food. They might be laying low for a while or they might be getting ready to moult.
They can go for extended periods without wanting to eat. I would just ensure that they have fresh water all the time and they will come out eventually. If they have moulted - leave it for a while before offering food. The larger they are - the longer you will need to wait. For my juveniles (3-4") I will leave it for about 12-14 days.
Ah, i find it problematic to leave food for them, im using superworms and mealworms, and those buggers burrow in real quick, even if i squeeze their head abit, they recover after around 15-20min and proceed to dig, it then take some excavations to dig them up.

I saw what can happen when you leave them in the substrate...they come back when the T molts...

cold blood

Staff member
you need to crush their heads, not just squeeze, make it crunch....trust me, with a crushed head they live, but don't come around and never burrow.