Beetle ID

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Today I went to my backyard to look at some butterflies, and I decided to lift a piece of bark, that was supposed to have "nothing" under it, based on other attempts to attract slugs. So I lifted it, and 3 geckos rushed out to the firewoods instantly. I was surprised something lived there, then I saw a big snail and small ones near it! Bingo! Finally baby snails! Note 1 : there were more but I collected just 3.
Note 2 : size comparison next to an ear button
But then I saw something else moving, a beetle, I picked it up, and it seemed to have a deformed/broken wing, but it had jaws, maybe to chop wood or leaves, maybe to kill insects, I didn't keep it. I would like an ID though, I've seen those before and I might start breeding them if they're interesting.
BEETLE PHOTO SNAIL PHOTO BELOW

Attachments

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunately the picture is blurry and I'm not familiar with a large amount of beetles, especially not any from Greece. My best guess is some type of wood-borer beetle? Maybe from the family Buprestidae. But not only is that not definitive, it also hardly narrows it down because that family contains literally thousands of species. Maybe try to find a list of species local to your area and see if you can find what it is?

Sorry I can't be any more helpful. :( Maybe someone else who's more knowledgable can help you out further

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Didnt really need ID for any reason. Just wanted to learn what species it is to be honest, im not intrested in beetles besides assasin bugs.