Bearded dragon humidifier?

pediepablo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My bearded dragon has not been doing too well so I brought him to the vet. Among other things, the vet said he was dehydrated and recommended putting a humidifier in his cage. I had never heard this suggested before. What do yall think?

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not heard of it before either
we just always keep a waterdish big enough for bathing with them...

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't use a humidifier, to much humidity can cause a upper respiratory infection. Instead give him a warm bath daily and offer water in a syringe. You can also spray his veggies with water, if you keep a water dish in his cage make sure to keep it very clean so it won't grow bacteria.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pediepablo said:
My bearded dragon has not been doing too well so I brought him to the vet. Among other things, the vet said he was dehydrated and recommended putting a humidifier in his cage. I had never heard this suggested before. What do yall think?
I believe dehydration is a common problem with dragons. They are a desert/scrub lizard and the humidifier is overkill. I give my dragon a bath twice per week and he drinks and then poops in the water. The moist veggie idea previously mentioned is a good one.

boidaddic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, lightly misting them in the morning will keep then hydrated.
Regards,
Eric Weintraub

dirtborder4life

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hydration techniques

I mist my dragon twice a day,i give him a warm bath once a week,and i also mist his greens.His crickets are always pretty juicy too.