Beaded Lizard

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
I went to the Herp World Expo in San Jose last weekend and picked up a baby. He's kind of pissy right now, but I'm gonna carefully work with him and hopefully he'll mellow out.

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
Are these guys called Tegu's?
Nope. Beaded's and gila monsters are Heloderma lizards. Tegu's are Tupinambis.

OP--That is awesome. I'm currently wearing my wife down on obtaining one. I know someone local to me selling one that is fairly docile and allows handling. Personally, I don't plan on handling, but I'm sure yours will mellow out once it acclimates and gets larger.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^ if it's the one in chester, it's pretty mellow..... i saw that one when it came into the shop as a baby...

Either way there's not a whole lot to worry about unless you plan on letting the litte guy chew on you for a while...

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
^ if it's the one in chester, it's pretty mellow..... i saw that one when it came into the shop as a baby...

Either way there's not a whole lot to worry about unless you plan on letting the litte guy chew on you for a while...
Yeah, we're definitely talking about the same specimen. Crystal picked it up barehanded and it didn't so much as move. Mellow. She did mention that it was a little squirrelly when it was smaller, but from what I saw, it had obviously grown out of that.

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
That is awesome. I'm currently wearing my wife down on obtaining one. I know someone local to me selling one that is fairly docile and allows handling. Personally, I don't plan on handling, but I'm sure yours will mellow out once it acclimates and gets larger.
It took me a year to wear my Mom down so I could get one. She thinks they're pretty so I'm sure that helped some.