Bathroom?

N8Legged

Arachnosquire
anyone considered keeping their T's and other inverts in their bathroom? I'm thinking about moving my Emperor Scorpion Tank onto my bathroom counter, because i'm single and it's a big counter, but with the dual purpose that when I take my hot showers late at night, the indirect steam will fog up the tank and increase the humidity for it. can anyone think of health concerns for the invertebrates kept in the bathroom?

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
anyone considered keeping their T's and other inverts in their bathroom? I'm thinking about moving my Emperor Scorpion Tank onto my bathroom counter, because i'm single and it's a big counter, but with the dual purpose that when I take my hot showers late at night, the indirect steam will fog up the tank and increase the humidity for it. can anyone think of health concerns for the invertebrates kept in the bathroom?
Unless it's too much humidity, I don't see why not? If there's tons of activity in there as opposed to wherever you keep them now, that might stress your scorp out.

billrogers

Arachnoknight
I would also be cautious which soaps you use in the bathroom... Some common bathroom cleaners are pretty strong.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I've got a bunch of Heteropoda in my bathroom, for no real reason other then I ran out of room in the rest of the house though lol.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I do all my spider work in my bathroom, whether it be making a new enclosure, transfers, or feeding that one spider that you know ill throw a fit when you open the enclosure.

N8Legged

Arachnosquire
I would also be cautious which soaps you use in the bathroom... Some common bathroom cleaners are pretty strong.
@Philth I use old spice and head and shoulders in my shower, dawn for my hand soap. Occasionally I clean the bathroom with bleach, but I would take the tank out of the bathroom when i do that and keep it out until the fumes dissipate.

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
for the longest time I kept my M.robostum tarantulas (as slings) all in the bathroom because it was cooler and had high humidity. There was never an issue and there is nothing you have to worry about. t gets done all the time.