bark scorps with blacklight on/off (gif)

many many legs

Arachnosquire
It's broad daylight and they still look like ravers dancing under blacklight. There's 7 baja bark scorps in this enclosure, these two love this spot between the glass and the sandstone.
BlacklightScorps.gif
They kinda seem to get agitated by my LED blacklight, so i try not to use it too much (mostly just for a nightly head count). Any suggestions for blacklights that don't bother them/are they actually bothered?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
It's broad daylight and they still look like ravers dancing under blacklight. There's 7 baja bark scorps in this enclosure, these two love this spot between the glass and the sandstone.
View attachment 314978
They kinda seem to get agitated by my LED blacklight, so i try not to use it too much (mostly just for a nightly head count). Any suggestions for blacklights that don't bother them/are they actually bothered?
Any UV lighting, led or blacklight, is harmful to scorpions, and yes it does bother them. They will always scurry away from UV light. If you want to view at night I find that " moonlight " bulbs work well as they are made from true blue glass and give a soft moon glow that replicates moonlight in nature and does not bother the scorpions and is not harmful.