1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ball python morphs

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by Millipedematt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Millipedematt

Millipedematt Arachnosquire

Florida
    Advertisement
    Hello all this thread will be about ball python morphs. If anyone is interested in sharing pictures of snakes fell free to post. Here are a few that i own.
    Citrus pastel ~ female
    Calico spotnose ~ female
    Ghi ball python ~ male
    Pastel leopard 100% het orange ghost

• Like Like x 1
  2. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

Mojave female
    DSC_0584.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Millipedematt

Florida
    i need an adult female mojave for my mystic pastel. trying to make some pastel mystic potion very nice female.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

Thanks! She is a darling little girl. She was produced by N.E.R.D. they are great and I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking for morphs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

My 1.0 Pied, 50% wild caught genetic background.

100_3692.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  6. Millipedematt

Florida
    i need a male pied to breed with my female het. pied but very nice pic

• Like Like x 1
  7. vespers

vespers Arachnodemon

My 1.0 Firefly 20170527_204806(1).jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  8. Casey K

Casey K Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

I acquired this adult male ball python today and I'm trying to figure out the genetic line(s). I am a beginner at breeding (not at keeping them) but I would like to try him with my mojave female just to see what I come up with. From information I've gathered its possibly pastel, fire "something" but I've been looking at pics online (I know how that can be a bad idea) and perhaps see a little enchi somewhere so I'm gonna leave it at this: I will breed him with a "normal" female and see what happens....perhaps his offspring will give me a better idea. There are 2 snakes in the picture but top right is my mojave female. She's not ready for breeding but once she is I will pair her with him.
    20180715_175335.jpg

9. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Looks to be a vanilla pastel.. Both vanilla and pastel are there own gene and they are expressed as co-dominant. So what you have is two gene animal expressing both co-dominant genes IE, vanilla pastel.

10. Casey K

Wow. Thanks! I would've never guessed vanilla!!!! :) You're awesome as always.... :) I purchased a super emperor to breed with him.... :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Ahh thanks it's no problem..

Nice you will be getting alot of double gene and dom gene combos from that.. Super pastels, super pastel vanilla, lemon blast, pewter blast, pewters pins, vanilla pin, vanilla pastel, super pastel vanilla etc..Down to the base morphs.. You won't get a normal wildtype looking animal from that pairing.. It's all codom to co-dom and the two pastel genes from each parent will be dominant with 1/4th to 1/2 of your clutch being super pastels and then 1/3 to the other half being pastel with some other co-dom gene( pin, lesser or fire) attached..The vanilla gene really brightens things up and when added to pastel combos ( and others) causes really interesting faded patterns.. It almost acts like an allelic gene with the pastel in that it intensifies the blushing.. Expect alot of wacky blushed out or cleaned up patterns depending what genes get paired up..

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Casey K

Do you breed them? You know a lot about them. :) My goal is to sell these and come up with the money for my dream ball python....a male Leopard Clown...... I've priced them and I haven't found one below the $1500 price range and that's for a baby!

13. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince

Yea I bred them a few times in the mid 90's.. I used my first clutch to pay for a pair of baby burms.. Over the years I have helped various breeders take care of there collections that's where I get most of my knowledge from.. In all honesty very few BP morphs interest me.. I do like leopards and clowns genes + combos along with pieds..

• Like Like x 1
  14. AmberDawnDays

AmberDawnDays Arachnoknight