Bakersfield california!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello! I have a unique opportunity to move to Bakersfield. My wife's grandpas mom and dad are very old in there upper 90s, and they have recently moved into a Home where they will get the proper care. Well they want some one to move into there house. To keep it up and take care of the property, and have offered it to us. I have never been farther south than Yellowstone or farther east than lewistown MT so i am a bit nervous. Just the thought of being able to finally find a tarantula in the wild is awesome! i was just wondering what T sp. are around Bakersfield if there is any one who is familiar with the territory thanks! also centipede sp and scorps!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can I have your house in Alaska please? lol

Bakersfield is about 5 hours south of me, but I go hunting down there... it's pretty nice, but I wouldn't leave Alaska for it hehe

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you do find T's, please don't collect and sell them. Also, if someone (ie a dealer) asks you for a "good spot", please, for the sake of the T's, don't tell them. As we've seen in the past, some people just can't be trusted with this information.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wouldnt dream of it! And i will be renting out my home in AK. But it is for rent;)
I cant say that i wont be very compelled to keep the first T i find as a kind of keep sake but i plan on shipping my collection, so i wont have a lot of room for more native Ts when i can go see them in the nat. habitat! that is the most rewarding thing i bet! I guess it is a cool house with a wood shop. but i am used to using heating devices to good success i bet it will be a bit odd adjusting to a place where you have to cool your rooms!

Edit: i have been in alaska living on the kenai river since i was a year and a half old i am ready to go some where i can catch a tarantula or a snake or a lizard of some sort or one of the many unique invertebrates of the warm usa! i could do without 8 months +of winter for a while!

Last edited:

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think I would rather live in Alaska than Bakersfield. At least you'll be able to visit Sequoia NP every weekend.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Change is Good!

Go 4 it Josh! And stop by....on your way Down ;) I'll show ya some Great fishing spots - Jason