Bahia Scarlet Birdeater

sydcamcraig

Arachnopeon
Hi im new to this site an think its superb!!!
does any1 know any care info on Lasiodora Klugi? (Bahia Scarlet Birdeater)
I'v had her 4 bout 6 months an she's bout a year old but there aint much care info on websites iv checkd out........ help!

knightjar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have three that I keep exactly the same as my L parahybana. You should be able to find plenty of care sheets for L parahybana.

They're pretty hardy and easy - fast growers too. I keep them fairly humid and at around 25 degrees.

Hope that helps!

sydcamcraig

Arachnopeon
thanks Knightjar, much appreciated. are your scarlets really aggressive and constantly hungry?

knightjar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I haven't noticed them being particularly defensive, but they are always hungry and will assume that anything in their tank is food. They'll jump on the water dish when I fill it and sometimes on the forceps if I'm cleaning.

I have heard that some individuals can be fairly placid and easy to handle, but haven't tried it with any of mine!

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have pair of them and I keep mine the same as my L. parahybana (aka Brazilian Salmon Pink Tarantula)

I keep mine on dry substrate with a waterdish. I let the waterdish overflow a bit for humidity and I lightly mist the subatrate where the waterdish is. Usually they use this area for molting.

The temperatures I keep them at is 75-80 degrees F and feed them 1-2 times a week. They eat everything that's offered to them IME unless they are molting or dead.

This species is more hungry than aggressive but, will happily give a threat display or kick hair if provoked.