1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad molt. What can I do?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Emmaalyse, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Advertisement
    Sure! I edited my post with some info on injectables, and on an easy way to set up an induction chamber. One might be able to purchase 2 cc of isoflurane from a human or a veterinary hospital.

2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I've added links to these posts under the "Tarantula Health Issues" section of the pinned thread Tarantula Information for Beginners (and More).

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Emmaalyse

Emmaalyse Arachnopeon Active Member

When I come home from work tomorrow I will post updated pictures of her butt and all the stuff I use for her treatment. Let me know how i can improve this post. I added a nightly routine that i am doing with her.

4. Emmaalyse

Attached Files:

5. Emmaalyse

These are the tools I use. This is also updated pictures of her butt as of last night. I cant edit my post anymore (?). I will continue to update you guys. I will be giving her the first meal today. Im nervous but we will see how it goes.

6. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Active Members can only edit their posts for 24 hours, but you can continue to reply to this thread.

7. Emmaalyse

Okay i can do that :)

8. Emmaalyse

Little update: I am still doing treatments on Boots. I have tried feeding her and she strikes at the cricket but does not actually get it. I can't tell if she is striking to protect herself or not because she stands up tall looks like she is in threat posture it could just be because she is still wonky from the molt and catching it is hard. Really hard to tell. I did put her cork bark diagonal is in her normal set up and she has been doing great in that.

9. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Good to read she's doing okay. Refusing food could also be because it is too early to feed yet ;)

10. Emmaalyse

I was thinking that too but her fangs have been black for days now. Ill leave her be a couple days and see!

11. Emmaalyse

Boots ate!!!! She took the cricket finally like she normally does. Now we wait...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1