Back leg injury?

SapphireTigress

Arachnopeon
Haven't had this girl for long but was taking photos and realized she may have a leg injury!

I know she'll molt it out but any thoughts are useful :) i crush the heads of the supers so I'm not sure how she got it.

First pic is closeup. Second I'll admit is just because she's so gorgeous ^_^.

20181212_122117.jpg 20181212_120856.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
Leg injuries are inconsequential....like you or me getting a bad haircut.

Post pics of the enclosure....lots of people put this species into arboreal enclosures, [incorrectlly] believing them to be semi-arboreal.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I would probably add some more dirt so that she can’t fall too far if she climbs to the top.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That is enough substrate, but she needs clutter to anchor webbing to. Sticks, fake plants, etc.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
That is enough substrate, but she needs clutter to anchor webbing to. Sticks, fake plants, etc.
I agree with @Teal I wouldn't bother with more substrate. Fill the space with a bunch of fake foliage and you will have a Happy T with some really cool web tunnels.

cold blood

Staff member
Looks ok...literally the only thing I could speculate would be a fall onto the edge of the water dish....There's just nothing else I can see.

SapphireTigress

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone! We were doing an experiment between a few of us with gbb to see if they web with or without anchor points but i will add some now :)

My false widow is a great little webber and she doesnt care that her anchors are old fish plants Haha

Ive got a 3d mario castle hide I'll put in there. That will look cool!

SapphireTigress

Arachnopeon
Its so nice to have ts and be back on the forum ;)

My male g pulchripes hooked out and left for breeding last year. He wasn't successful but i got 3 g pulchripes slings anyways!

cold blood

Staff member
Thanks everyone! We were doing an experiment between a few of us with gbb to see if they web with or without anchor points but i will add some now :)
They just web thick, carpets, but they still web a lot.

My GBB enclosure doesn't have a ton of space to the lid, so if I gave her anchor points, she'd just web the lid down every day.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
leg = hurt
T = no more leg
therefore no more hurt.

it will probably drop it if it needs to then grow another one. like spider man

SapphireTigress

Arachnopeon
I didn't even know they dropped legs until yesterday when i was researching this!

This explains so many 6 legged spiders i find in my yard!

Lol that's how my friends gbb webbed: thick and to the lid ^_^

Thanks for the input, we've definitely been conparing.

Last edited by a moderator: