back from French Guyana

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
this last bug, I am making a special post for it! It is just insane. Very tiny, first pic is at 1:1 (which can give you an idea how small this thing was) and the two others are at 2.5:1 (roughly). Unfortunately I was not able to control the nasty reflections of the flash.

Still, I find it incredible. The head is hiden behind the carapace that is transparent at the level of the head. Nature is just insane!

ok, going to start supper and will post some more

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
all right, here a shot of the peripatus we found.

not a colourful species, but a ver exciting find nevertheless

Martin

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
SWEEEET :)

Been waiting for this addition to the thread ;)

AWESOME pics..
I need more practice :worship: :worship: but I did post some

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fan-friggin-tastic pics. :clap:

someone else had said this the other day...but i believe i also just had an ocular orgasam.

thanks very muck for posting

moose

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
These are some of the best photographs and coolest animals I have ever seen. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW, I think I just saw a bullet ant in one of those pics eating the termite. They have nasty stings! :eek:

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mother nature is truly spectacular,and those pictures just proved it.Awesome and thanks for sharing.

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing photos!

The snow bug and tortoise? beetle are awesome.

You had this guy with the bugs, but in case you didn't realize, it's an ant mimic jumping spider.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Martin!

flawless pics as always, very sharp macros !! Amazing diversity, can't wait to go to the guayanas!

but please post theraphosa pics!!! :D

Cheers,
Pato

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Amazing photos!

The snow bug and tortoise? beetle are awesome.

You had this guy with the bugs, but in case you didn't realize, it's an ant mimic jumping spider.
Jeff... damn, it sure did fool me!!!!!:wall: :wall: thank you for spotting that out, now I wish I had taken more pictures of it :( :( . Really amazing, now that I look at it, specially the eyes, I just cannot believe I did not see it.

Pato, thanks a lot for the nice comments. I am sure you will like it in the Guianas, which ever you choose (although I have yet to go to Guyana, should be soon). Maybe I have to go to Argentina one day! On this trip, we only seen one Theraphosa, which worries me a little as last time we have seen tons.

Take care

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Too bad I do not have other good shots of that spider, I am a bit sad now, I guess I should have paid more attention to it, nevertheless, here are two others of the animal.

Martin

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing work Martin! Your pics get better each time and if these are any indication I cant imagine the next batch:eek: .

How about some T's!?!

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, it fooled me, too. I thought it was a jumping spider, but a friend looked at the images and told me it is actually in Corinnidae, another spider family with ant mimic genera.

It is a ponerine ant mimic.