Baby millipedes

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I found 2 baby millipedes in my O. ornatus tank. One was wandering around like it was late to something.
Since I've never seen the O. ornatus mate, and I don't think I even have a pair that's able to reproduce yet, I'm inclinded to believe that babies from another tank somehow made it into here.
They look similar to the other babies. This one kinda had a pointy butt as well. I'm just not sure how they made it over, it was almost 15mm too. I suppose there's a few ways... its boggling my mind.
I just thought I'd share.
Also here's a video of some babies from my other tank, a mix of Ivories and N. americanus:
).

Attachments

BuzzSwole

Arachnosquire
She may have been pregnant when you got her. My word at first I was like wth are those lol Curious how readily do they breed and do they like to chill on the lid? (Ornamental Harvestman)

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
Curious how readily do they breed and do they like to chill on the lid? (Ornamental Harvestman)
I think they breed quite readily (I started with 5 in November as an attempt to thwart grain mites).
They do like to chill wherever they can get upside-down

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
My mystery baby has grown quite a bit. Thicker than a bumblebee milli and about as long.
It's getting this nice red coloration thing going.
What do you guys think, ivory or narceus americanus?

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I'm thinking it's N. americanus. It looks different with the lighting in both photos (the first one makes it look like an Ivory). However, you said this was in the O. ornatus tank?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I'm thinking it's N. americanus. It looks different with the lighting in both photos (the first one makes it look like an Ivory). However, you said this was in the O. ornatus tank?
Yup, in my O. ornatus tank.
I think it hitchhiked on my hair or a sleeve or something.
My other babies haven't gotten as large yet.
Some are getting that same reddish hue, but it's a communal tank... so I'll still have no idea who's who until they get big enough.

BuzzSwole

Arachnosquire
Idk I have a bunch n’s babies and they look nothing like that. The banding on mine are still very thin like the parents