Baby millipedes!

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
Try softer treats, especially cucumber and squash, my Orthoporus went nuts over those two, and also dog food. They never touched watermelon, cantaloupe or anything like that, which normally brings in other millipedes like bugs to a porch light.

Catherine31

Arachnosquire
It's been exactly 7 months since I posted this and I ended up rehoming my millipedes into a new tank due to some fungus that I was worried about in the old one, which meant a very careful excavation of every baby I can find. I believe that first picture I posted the baby was only 5-10mm long, but now I have some that are nearing 2cm in length! I ended up extracting roughly 80 babies and I'm still carefully taking any that surface out of the old tank and relocating them into the new one. The photo turned out pretty dark as most of them are still super pale, but I thought you guys might appreciate seeing their development!
OMG!! They are adorable!! How are they coming along now?

ghostlycorvid

Arachnopeon
OMG!! They are adorable!! How are they coming along now?
I'm seeing a lot more that are close to an inch now but if there's any larger than that they've been good at hiding. I've never raised baby millipedes before so I don't know how long it takes adult coloration to develop nor how slow they're supposed to grow. It does make me worry that maybe they were just a Julid sp. whose eggs ended up collected along with the substrate, but I'm going to stay hopeful that they're something more special until I know for sure!