baby emperor growth rate

katescritters

Arachnopeon
I purchased a female emperor scorp early 2003, and sometime October 2003 she had a clutch of 6 babies. They are still in there with her, and about the size of my thumb. Should they be bigger then that? As far as I know she's still looking after them, when do I seperate them from her?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Cool!
I've got a female that has had babies on the 30th...

October 2003 you say? From what I've understood by now (and it was a long road to get there) you can separate the young from the mother after about 4-6 weeks, maybe even a little longer but as soon as they have started getting a hard skin.

After nearly 1½ years you've kept them with her long enough, that is safe to say ;)

Edit, ok for clarification I refrase the last sentance:
After nearly 1½ years you've kept them with her long enough for any safe removal, that is safe to say ;)

Last edited:

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
katescritters: That size sounds about right to me... Emperors aren't the fastest of growers and takes a few years to reach adulthood...

Cirith Ungol: they are communal and don't HAVE to be separated...

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you're about a year and five months late on the ramoval thing unless u wanna seperate them so they'll have more space when fully grown. what size tank is it? sounds like they're all gettin along fine ;)
btw, welcome to the boards :D
-Black Hawk

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I never said they have to! I said they CAN ;)

But I see where you (TheNothing) might have thought I said that you have to and have refrased a little... :)

Last edited: