Baby deathstalker care

Jorge suza

Arachnopeon
My deathstalker just gave birth to 26 live babies and they just reached first instar and they are now separated from their mother. im going to raise these little guys up to be a bigger size before i start selling them to trusted friends of mine. I was mainly curious if the care for babies is the same as adults. or if they have special requirements. (yes im aware they are deadly little bastards and I will die if stung)

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
My deathstalker just gave birth to 26 live babies and they just reached first instar and they are now separated from their mother. im going to raise these little guys up to be a bigger size before i start selling them to trusted friends of mine. I was mainly curious if the care for babies is the same as adults. or if they have special requirements. (yes im aware they are deadly little bastards and I will die if stung)
85F-95F (mine usually sit between 88F-92F). Mist one corner or side of their containers every two weeks. Keep well ventilated as you want a quick evaporation. Don't worry young instars are more tolerant of RH spikes and moisture than adults but do minimalize wetting the substrate as best you can.

Deathstalkers are very venomous but they also have a quite a low venom yield. Adult deaths are very, very uncommon unless the victim has a pre-existing medical condition or they're elderly.

In one epidemiological report, 97% of 18 children envenomated by Deathstalkers only suffered local effects. However, this species is extremely dangerous to children causing mortality and can cause serious morbidity (moderate to severe envenomation requiring hospitalization) in adults.

Jorge suza

Arachnopeon
85F-95F (mine usually sit between 88F-92F). Mist one corner or side of their containers every two weeks. Keep well ventilated as you want a quick evaporation. Don't worry young instars are more tolerant of RH spikes and moisture than adults but do minimalize wetting the substrate as best you can.

Deathstalkers are very venomous but they also have a quite a low venom yield. Adult deaths are very, very uncommon unless the victim has a pre-existing medical condition or they're elderly.

In one epidemiological report, 97% of 18 children envenomated by Deathstalkers only suffered local effects. However, this species is extremely dangerous to children causing mortality and can cause serious morbidity (moderate to severe envenomation requiring hospitalization) in adults.
thank you so much for the info the enclosures i used arent meant for letting out moisture and i never considered it being death stalkers are desert species. matter of fact i use the same ones for 2 baby H. hottentottas I kept after selling the rest of the brood. and they keep moisture and humidity up for apprx 2 weeks. is the moisture necessary or optional

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
thank you so much for the info the enclosures i used arent meant for letting out moisture and i never considered it being death stalkers are desert species. matter of fact i use the same ones for 2 baby H. hottentottas I kept after selling the rest of the brood. and they keep moisture and humidity up for apprx 2 weeks. is the moisture necessary or optional
Yes, misting is necessary just a quick spray once every two weeks then let it evaporate and dry. Then don't spray again for another two weeks. Do not mist the scorpion itself or its hide.

LateLathing

Arachnopeon
A little late bro, but you will def not die.