Baby corn drinking extremely much!?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
One baby corn I sold isn't eating very well but I'm keeping in close contact with the one who bought it. Tomorrow I might go see him and check the snake, possibly exchange it with one of the others I have left... dunno yet.

Anyway, he told me that his corn baby is drinking extremely much, in comparison to the other one he got off me. The second one eats like a hog and behaves otherwise normal. The problem child doesn't hasn't eaten since he got it but as mentioned drinks really funny ammounts of water...

Does anyone recognize this behaviour? Can it be some kind of illness? Does it say anything about the health of the snake?

Madeline

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a baby Corn snake on Saturday and we fed him last night so he is eating but he is drinking as much as my Sand Boa drinks in a week, everyday.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Hm... ok. Odd. I have no clue as to why that would be.

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
Drinking too much water and not eating is a sign of kidney problems/failure in mammals, I am not sure if it would be a symptom in reptiles as well.

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My corn barely drinks. I'm sorry i cant help myself.......HA you guys got the weird ones! lol just kidding ;P :cool:

Spidery spoo

Arachnopeon
If its not eating then it somewhat makes sense that it's drinking more because its not getting the usual moisture it would from it's food.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Good point, maybe, but you are a little late on the buzzer. ;) (Check the original post dates.)