Baby asian forest scorpion question!

marriah

Arachnopeon
Hi my Asian forest recently had babies. They have just went thru thier first molt and are wondering around today in the tank. My question is since they are still white, is it safe for me to remove them from the tank with my hands? Will I hurt them by doing so? Also at that small are they able to sting?
I know I need to move them to make sure momma doesnt eat them, but I want to remove them the safest way possible. Thanks!

Attachments

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey
they will stay white/whitebrown until 3rd instar pretty much#

you can remove them if theyre walking around, be gentle
>> they will grow faster if left with the mother

marriah

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info. I was told that the mother would eat them if I left them in the tank with her. Is that true? And when should I attempt to feed the babies? I was going to order wingless fruit flies, but im not sure on when I should feed them. I was also told to feed each baby individually 2 flies. Just making sure the info im

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Heterometrus mothers will very rarely eat their young - only if they are very stressed and in a communal (adult) setup in my experience

Fruit flies are too small for Heterometrus young, if you leave them with the mother, she will help them feed
otherwise you can get smaller crickets for them
another option is to crush the big crickets heads and leave them in a pile, they will eat them overnight

marriah

Arachnopeon
Heterometrus mothers will very rarely eat their young - only if they are very stressed and in a communal (adult) setup in my experience

Fruit flies are too small for Heterometrus young, if you leave them with the mother, she will help them feed
otherwise you can get smaller crickets for them
another option is to crush the big crickets heads and leave them in a pile, they will eat them overnight

Thank you so much! Super helpful and makes me feel alot better. Also glad I can stick with crickets!