Baboons <3

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
I currently have 4 baboons. Really enjoy them and was wondering what you would recommend as my next aquisitions. At the moment I own one 0.1 P muticus, 0.0.1 OBT, 0.0.2 H. maculata.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A Ceratogyrus sanderi, of course. They have a sort of "plug" instead of the horn. But C.marshalli, C.darlingi etc trust me, you won't be disappointed :)

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Or you can get another P. grumpicus, or an OBG (Orange Bitey Grump) or another H. macugrumpy.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only one I ever had was an OBT but I see you have that covered. She still haunts my dreams.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
E.pachypus! They are quite "well behaved" for being a baboon and make interesting burrows. Just make sure to get a juvenile/subadult 0.1 as they grow painfully slow.

cold blood

Staff member
Get a C. marshalli right away. Don't buy an adult or juvie, get a bunch of slings, they're a fantastic baboon to raise...splendid eaters even when small...always good webbers and pretty fast growth. They make great burrow systems, yet they always seem to be out and visible. Its also pretty neat to watch the horn grow in the females. A ridiculously under-rated species.

After you get marshalli, balfouri is indeed another good choice....but the cost-benefit ratio very much favors the marshalli....one of the best "bang for the buck" baboons (heck, ts) around.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Get a C. marshalli right away. Don't buy an adult or juvie, get a bunch of slings, they're a fantastic baboon to raise...splendid eaters even when small...always good webbers and pretty fast growth. They make great burrow systems, yet they always seem to be out and visible. Its also pretty neat to watch the horn grow in the females. A ridiculously under-rated species.

After you get marshalli, balfouri is indeed another good choice....but the cost-benefit ratio very much favors the marshalli....one of the best "bang for the buck" baboons (heck, ts) around.
I think Ima pick up a C. darlingi or marshalli with my next purchase because fairly commonly offered and pick up a balfouri if it is available at the same time

LittleT

Arachnopeon
Idiothele mira? They are adorable, I just find a tarantula that makes trap doors really fascinating! Granted you are often keeping just an enclosure of dirt but they are adorable, especially with the blue feet on the rare occasion you do see them.
I would love to own Harpactira pulchripes and Monocentropus balfouri too, maybe one day once I feel ready but it seems I have a thing for blue footed/legged 'Baboon' species :rofl:

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I think Ima pick up a C. darlingi or marshalli with my next purchase because fairly commonly offered and pick up a balfouri if it is available at the same time
C. darlingi or marshalli is a must-have and they are very cheap (slings cost about 2.50-3 EUR here) and always available. M. balfouri is really beautiful, but quite expensive, with prices for slings being around 20 EUR or more. If you buy 3, in order to get at least one female, you have spent a lot of money. E. pachypus gives better value for the money as you should be able to buy a confirmed female juvie/subadult for the price of one balfouri sling. You might also consider a P. chordatus which also comes in different colour variations.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
all
C. darlingi or marshalli is a must-have and they are very cheap (slings cost about 2.50-3 EUR here) and always available. M. balfouri is really beautiful, but quite expensive, with prices for slings being around 20 EUR or more. If you buy 3, in order to get at least one female, you have spent a lot of money. E. pachypus gives better value for the money as you should be able to buy a confirmed female juvie/subadult for the price of one balfouri sling. You might also consider a P. chordatus which also comes in different colour variations.
all appear beautiful now if only I could find ppl selling :/

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My pick M.balfouri , I.mira , E.pachypus all very cool especially balfouri imo.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
My I. mira is fantastic. The only thing I ever see of her is a flash when she takes down a cricket from her trapdoor. I have photos for the memories, though, pre-hide.

Toff202

Arachnoknight
I know most are already said, but still, I recommend these;

Ceratogyrus darlingi
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Ceratogyrus sanderi
Eucratoscelus pachypus
Idiothele mira
Monocentropus balfouri
Pterinochilus chordatus
More H. maculata's!

Augacephalus sp. are really cool too, but unfortunately, I don't have one (yet)

Toff202

Arachnoknight
And Encyocratella olivacea! So cool, I'm definately saving up to buy one in the future.

Sana

Arachnoprince
A. ezendami are a beautiful species. In my experience they are incredibly shy and noticeably slower to grow than a C. marshalli but I think they are going to be awesome.

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have the Harpactira species reached the US yet ?
I recently bought Harpactira marksi, H dictator and H tigrina as well as Augacephalus breyeri and Ceratogyrus sp 'Mozambique' in Germany. I know a few of my German friends do ship to the US, so you could be in luck and start to get the smaller Harpactira species available soon