B. vagans sling died, no clue why..

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just now went to transfer my B.vagans sling (prob. about a quarter inch big) into a slightly larger vial and found him ina death curl. No idea why. He was doing fine when I got him, eating well and everything, then molted, and flat - out quit eating. Small crickets, smaller crickets, legless, headsmushed, that was as far as I got (next up was legs from bigger ones) before he died..must have been sometime either this weekend or last night.

Edit: He molted not hardly a month ago, is it possible he's already doing it again? I didn't find him on his back though...

Last edited:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Dang, sorry about that. I have a vegans sling too. Its one of my FAVORITES! It was a freebie and I love it more than the ones I have bought!!! Its such a pretty thing! When I got him he was probably [--] that long! hes now about 1.5 inches!! He/she has shed about every 3 weeks since I got it in late Dec. so it is possible it was going to molt again.
Dont know if that helped any..sorry about your loss, those vegans are gorgeous sad to lose one :(
Michelle

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ah, well, I left it in its vial on the off -chance it was molting and juts not moving at all, but considering his position and the fact that he hadn't eaten for several weeks, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'd love to get another one, only thing thats stopping me is that shipping for htem is usually more than the sling itself

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i hope that i never get any more b vagans as freebies. im 0 for 2 and just dont get it. the others do fine but not the vagans.

one of these days maybe