B. Smithi worry

Pragmatist

Arachnopeon
Hi,
We have a female B. Smithi who is around 2 years old. She was a good feeder but this last 3 weeks has not moved and unresponsive. Her abdomen seems undernourished and just does not look quite right. She is not in death curl and pretty certain it's not pre molt. We have not and do not use cleaning products i.e. Aerosols in the spider room.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matty

Attachments

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
What size is that water dish? From the second picture it looks like a water bottle cap. I've no idea if it's related, but she should have a bigger water dish available to her if it is a water bottle cap.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
It's a milk bottle cap and it's always readily available with fresh water
Yeah but it is still too small for a tarantula of that size. Maybe it's the perspective (water dish in the back, T in the front) but it looks very small compared to her size.

She looks deceased. Sorry man :(
I mean...in the first picture she's not in the traditional death curl? :( I dunno. But if she hasn't moved from the same spot at all...

Eh, OP-- have you tried giving her a gentle prod? Perhaps try giving one of her legs a little push and see if she reacts to you. If not then chances are good KezyGLA is right.

Pragmatist

Arachnopeon
Yeah I have given her a gentle couple of prods and totally unresponsive but not dead. Very slight movement to one of the legs and by slight I mean almost unnoticeable. Very sad.

boina

Lady of the mites
I agree with @KezyGLA , in the second pic she looks dead or close to death. The typical death curl doesn't always happen and sometimes it takes a while to develope.

Pragmatist

Arachnopeon
Yeah just been up and touched her. Think she's gone. Was the wife's spider and she is distraught

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Yeah just been up and touched her. Think she's gone. Was the wife's spider and she is distraught
Sorry for your loss. Can you give us any more details? Pictures of the entire enclosure, what you were feeding her, etc.? It might help us give you an idea of what happened to her.

Pragmatist

Arachnopeon
Was feeding silent crickets and standard browns, around 1-2 a week and she has been an incredibly healthy girl with 4 good molts under her belt.