B. Smithi white spot

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Glad you two worked it out :D

There's gonna be lots of american scratching their heads though :rofl:

Tysor

Arachnopeon
Alright, here's a little update. Since she sits in the smaller container, the black patch came back. She looks really healthy and satisfied with her new home. Thanks again for you tip's you really helped me out! :) DSC_5322.JPG DSC_5321.JPG

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Ich werde mich mal nach etwas kleinerem umsehen. Mangels Erfahrung war mir natürlich nicht klar das dass ganze SO unpassend ist. Irgendwelche empfehlungen für ein kleineres, größengerechtes enclosure? Die Lampe hat 13w, spendet nicht allzu viel Wärme und die Temeratur beträgt unter der Lampe ca. 22-24C°. Sollte das trotzdem zu viel/ warm sein werde ich das ganze mal höer hängen. Oder evtlganz auf eine Lampe verzichten? Tageslicht gibt es eigendlich genug in meiner Wohnung.

Natürlich stelle ich meine persönlichen optischen Präferenzen nicht über das Wohl des Tier, das sollte an dieser Stelle mal gesagt werden.
Nur ist noch kein Profi vom Himmel gefallen ;)
OMG I was actually able to translate like 95% of that!.. Sorry I learned German about 8 years ago but since I live in the U.S. and nobody speaks it I forgot most of it. I'm kinda proud of myself for remembering that much.:)

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Das ist ein viel blesser kafig fur deine volgelspinnen...

I hope I said that right (I also cant type umlauts)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It may look great, your spider isn't going to thrive in it. If you wanted a spider for that enclosure specifically, you should have bought an adult B.smithi ;)
Welcome to the boards by the way! @boina is from Germany too, i'm sure she's able to give some directions in your native language :)
As have I. We've all been conversing lol.

Viel glück mit alles und nAbend aus meinem Land :D

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Das ist ein viel blesser kafig fur deine volgelspinnen...

I hope I said that right (I also cant type umlauts)
Handys und Tablets sollen die im Sub-menu haben (tablets and smart phones have them in sub menus). Push and hold the letter U for example and see what happens. Might surprise you! :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
As have I. We've all been conversing lol.

Tysor, it seems a bit on the tall side. Needs more substrate. Also, no heat lamps. They don't like light.

Viel glück mit alles und nAbend aus meinem Land lach :D
I had no idea you were from Germany....your location makes so much more sense now.....:shy:
Up until now I just thought you lived in somewhere exotic, asia/polynesia or hawaii or something...:rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Well, german is one evil language. ;)

You can see how much better she likes the new enclosure!
It really is a tough language, grammar-wise. English and French make much more sense to me.
Good to read you downgraded and your sling is doing well. It is in heavy premolt from the looks of it.
Only worry are the ventilation slits in the lid. Are you sure the carapace doesn't fit through them? If the carapace fits, everything fits and your sling is gone.

Tysor

Arachnopeon
It really is a tough language, grammar-wise. English and French make much more sense to me.
Good to read you downgraded and your sling is doing well. It is in heavy premolt from the looks of it.
Only worry are the ventilation slits in the lid. Are you sure the carapace doesn't fit through them? If the carapace fits, everything fits and your sling is gone.
No need to worry about her escaping through the lids. The enclosue looks much bigger on the picturen. There is no way she could squeeze between them. Even the carapax wouldn't fit, no need to talk about that big pre-molt abdomen (which is developing a beautiful dark black colour at the moment). :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
No need to worry about her escaping through the lids. The enclosue looks much bigger on the picturen. There is no way she could squeeze between them. Even the carapax wouldn't fit, no need to talk about that big pre-molt abdomen (which is developing a beautiful dark black colour at the moment). :)
Good to know!
But if you think a large abdomen will stop it, think again: