B.Smithi pics!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is some pics of the Red Knee we got 2 days ago. Everytime I try to get a good pic the cricket would scare it.

More pics to come! :D

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not at this present time we are trying to get her used to her new tank and new home as well. We might try to hold her in a week or so she can adjust to her new home. I may have to get smaller crickets cause she is running from them she has got now lol

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my G.rosea would kinda do the same thing so i i took his legs off and droped it on her head she backed up and then took it, legs came in handed for my pedes and chaco sling=D

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok I am trying that now he/she ran from it but maybe she will get it later i fed the jumping legs to my PZB and My Chaco slings

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi

If you bearly got your smithi, I suggest you wait a while longer until it gets usto its new home. I had the same problem. On the plus side your smithi looks fat. Give her a few days and she'll be chillin' cool:, you know?
Smithis are really cool. I got my brother a 2" back in may. though when yours molts you wont see much growth, you will see a difference on colors, thrust me:) any ways have a nice day
and good luck with your smithi

geo

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine looks that big as well. :) Can you see the colors on yours ??

Sam,

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
Mine looks that big as well. :) Can you see the colors on yours ??

Sam,
She has some color on her but not all her adult colors yet. Hopefully in the next couple of molts we will see some nice coloring.

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Same with mine, you can see some coloring but not all of them, maybe this next molt you'll see soem nice coloring.

Sam,

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She does have coloring but its a dull color hopefully her colors will bright up a tad next molt

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I have a smithi pretty much the same size, she ate full size crickets with no problem at all, but I think she is full now as she now runs from even smaller ones. At first mine was pretty skitterish but i think she was still getting used to her new home as I did hold her a few days ago and it was harder getting her off of my hand then it was getting her on. As soon as she got on my hand she laid out all relaxed and just sat there.

great T's its now my 3rd tarantula I have held, #1 was my adult male pinktoe, #2 my baby versi and now #3

good luck with it.

peace

TheDon