B. Smithi Maturity

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I remember atalk a while back on female maturity size in red-knees. I did some searching but couldn't find it. At what size do they become sexually mature?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No!

bananaman said:
I've read it can take them up to 12 years...
NO NO NO lol. I have had an almost 4 inch female drop eggs, and beared almost 300 eggs. Now granted the mating is somewhat difficult only because the mature male is leggy and much bigger but most of the time everything still can be done, you just have to watch more. And that almost 4 inch female was close to two years old. The only thing that stops you from trying to breed is the size of the female, I would not recommend trying mating with a female less then 4 inches, but you would be suprised how young a T can reproduce.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
talkenlate04 said:
NO NO NO lol. I have had an almost 4 inch female drop eggs, and beared almost 300 eggs. Now granted the mating is somewhat difficult only because the mature male is leggy and much bigger but most of the time everything still can be done, you just have to watch more. And that almost 4 inch female was close to two years old. The only thing that stops you from trying to breed is the size of the female, I would not recommend trying mating with a female less then 4 inches, but you would be suprised how young a T can reproduce.
lol sorry... that's what i read :eek:

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah cool, 4 Inches is what I thought. I've been sort of out of the loop for a while, what's the proper way to measure T's?

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
diagonally... tip of the front leg to tip of the back leg on the opposite side...