B smithi for 50$?

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
On my local craigslist theres a 4-5 inch B smithi for only 50$. Should i pick her up as a first T?

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Gender?
Are you sure it's a she?

If you don't plan to breed but also don't care if it lives long (and it came with enclosure) -- could be worth pursuing.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
Gender?
Are you sure it's a she?

If you don't plan to breed but also don't care if it lives long (and it came with enclosure) -- could be worth pursuing.
Actually I had closed the page earlier and i just checked and it is not female. I may end up getting it but i may not.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
If the seller actually contacts you back then I'd at least take a closer look.

I have emailed that guy a couple of times over the last several days and he hasn't responded. Maybe he will for you... :)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
On my local craigslist theres a 4-5 inch B smithi for only 50$. Should i pick her up as a first T?
If the spider is in fact female, you've got yourself a great deal, don't hesitate - buy the spider, just be sure to contact the seller to make sure it's female. Enjoy your new 8 legged wonder!

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
If the seller actually contacts you back then I'd at least take a closer look.

I have emailed that guy a couple of times over the last several days and he hasn't responded. Maybe he will for you... :)
Are you in the houston area as well?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Are you in the houston area as well?
There are a couple of us on here. Unfortunately there is crap for exotic dealers here... if you are looking for your first T my suggestion would be to buy from a trusted member on here (that is if that B smithi doesn't pan out).

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
There are a couple of us on here. Unfortunately there is crap for exotic dealers here... if you are looking for your first T my suggestion would be to buy from a trusted member on here (that is if that B smithi doesn't pan out).
I agree with the lack of exotic dealers being out here. The only good one i know is pets-a-plenty which is pretty far from where i live. But buying a T from another user does sound pretty good. Im looking for a Euthalus sp. Red at the moment a maybe a curly haired.