B.Kahlenbergi advice please

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi,
Not a lot online line about these T’s, any advice on its care?
I don’t trust the pet shops advice.

Thanks in advance.
Keep the sub predominantly dry. Enclosure should have a suitable hide, water dish and its that simple.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mine liked a wet spot here and there so i didn't keep it all dry. She had a bit of a temper as well, threatposturing and even slapping the tongs. Fun little missy. Had to sell her because of my allergy towards Brachypelma hairs.
Fun species to keep, eats like a horse and grows rather quick for a Brachypelma :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arnold2017

Arachnopeon
Mine liked a wet spot here and tgere so i didn't keep it all dry. She had a bit of a temper as well, threatposturing and even slapping the tongs. Fun little missy. Had to sell her because of my allergy towards Brachypelma hairs.
Fun species to keep, eats like a horse and grows rather quick for a Brachypelma :)
Ours doesn’t like the tongs lol - they can be funny.

JohnR

Arachnopeon
My B. kahlenbergi sling burrows even after I rehoused recently and comes out in the open when it's huntin/feeding time, he's a voracious eater for sure! I kept mine mostly dry and just overflow the water dish occasionally...

zizz

Arachnopeon
Just ordered one juv yesterday should be arriving tomorrow, can’t wait to see the little girl, have u seen they burrow at all?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Just ordered one juv yesterday should be arriving tomorrow, can’t wait to see the little girl, have u seen they burrow at all?
They burrow a lot as slings, like other Brachypelma, but stay out in the open more as they grow bigger.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Brachypelma kahlenbergi Is from Veracruz, Mexico area not the typical northern desert brachy. The 3 slings I raised to 3.5" seem to enjoy having a damp corner/side in the enclosure. Oh and they are stunning when freshly molted
2018-03-12 14.17.24.jpg

Arnold2017

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma kahlenbergi Is from Veracruz, Mexico area not the typical northern desert brachy. The 3 slings I raised to 3.5" seem to enjoy having a damp corner/side in the enclosure. Oh and they are stunning when freshly molted
View attachment 270261
Thanks for the tip, will make sure there’s a damp side/corner. Awesome pic you posted.

I think it’s male...

Beautiful after Molt

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great species! My little boy outgrew his burrowing tendencies around 3" and now just hangs out on the surface all the time. DSCF9660 (2).JPG