[B]Help1 i need somebody help! not just anybody help!!!!!![/B]

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Help1 i need somebody help! not just anybody help!!!!!!

Help!!! my poor eurycantha calcarata giant spiny stick insect looks like it has fallen or been damaged by something as it can hardly move and its head is always tillted downwards plz help me!! it is a female and it lives with a male and two indian stick insects help!!! :( i think its ganna die :( Help me plz!!! it has already got a peg leg due to shedding probs and when i bought it it looked as if had a chunk out of it at some point in its life!Help!!!

Last edited:

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
1. You can't make titles bold... they're already bold.

2. People that yell in public get ignored. People that yell on the internet get ignored as well. If you want someone to read your question, please state it plainly and use a couple exclamation points... the number of exclamation points you use in no way influences the time in which you will receive a reply. I removed all the SIZE 7 stuff and trimmed the exclamation points to a manageable number... just keep it in mind...

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is it an adult? If so, it may be at the end of it's lifespan and there's not much that can be done for it. Sorry about that, but did you have a dish of soil or moist sand for it to lay eggs in?

Wade

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no it wasnt a adult and mister internet dont get so eggy just chill did i say i would get more attention from it no exactly.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
reptillian said:
no it wasnt a adult and mister internet dont get so eggy just chill did i say i would get more attention from it no exactly.
I just checked your age in your profile, and you're forgiven.

FWIW, I've never had good luck cohabiting large insects... I've never kept this particular species, but you always run the risk (especially if they're dehydrated at all) that they will snack on each other...

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Crowded conditions and lack of suitable molting surfaces often result in deformities or death in phasmids. Also, if they fall during or immediately after molting they will usually die. Crowded conditions inrease the likleyhood of falls.

Four insects may not be crowded in most cages, but if it's a very small cage it could be too many. I wouldn't mix species either, especially considering how different these two are.

Wade

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep Eurycantha calcarta in separate tank. Young can be kept in large numbers with other stick insects. Adult, especially males, are very agressive. When they are walking or fighting, they can drop other phasmids (which is fatal during their molt).

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you 4 forgiving me and i forgive u its dead now but im ganna by a bigger incloser 4 them thnx for the replys and info.