B.Hamorii sling question

ic32k

Arachnopeon
Ok.

Where I must put the hide, in thr dry zone, in the wet zone or 50/50 ?
Here the cork bark is hard to find in small pieces, maybe a plastic hide with some spagnum moss and/or coco fiber in the walls will work?

Thank you all! ;)

boina

Lady of the mites
Ok.

Where I must put the hide, in thr dry zone, in the wet zone or 50/50 ?
Here the cork bark is hard to find in small pieces, maybe a plastic hide with some spagnum moss and/or coco fiber in the walls will work?

Thank you all! ;)
If you can't find the right bark just use a fake leaf in the 50/50 zone ;)

ic32k

Arachnopeon
First of all, I saw that one of the moderators edited one of the previous comments due to language use of swears, I apologice if my use of the language isn't correct I'm from Spain and I don't speak Englisg as well as I want, sorry if my words can be missunderstood but this isn't my intention at all, I allway try to write correctly and never use swears at all

Back to the conversation, I'm still worried, because none of the slings ate untill now, there are more than 15 days without eating at all, how much time can a little sling spent without eating?
roja_en_la_entrada.jpg detalle_casa_roja.jpg
I carved a little wood house for the hamorii and yesterday she closed his entry almost completely, during the day she is allways at the hide, at night she is outside, but if I put a little crushed head cricket she simply ignores it, or maybe she moves it away...

Sorry to up this question again I do not want to be nuisance with this issue but it's been past 2 months since this little sling does't eat, I do not see that his butt is darkened so I don't think she is in premolt
Once I put that wooden hide, the sling started to burrow under it to the plastic bottom of the enclosure and she doesn't go out, even in the nights, I know she is alive because she moves/changes her position.
Tried to change the food from crickets to mealworms and again to crickets but she simply ignore them, since the firs cricket broke her leg I always prekill her preys, do you think that offering a live prey, maybe a microckricket, will trigger her instinct or it could be dangerous? , I don't want her to loose another leg.... or stress so much

P.D I have a new sling, a beautifull GBB (it is amazing, very good eater and beautifull colors). And the P.murius has double-size after molt and is sooo fat if she continues that way his but will xplode jajaja

Last edited by a moderator:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Sorry to up this question again I do not want to be nuisance with this issue but it's been past 2 months since this little sling does't eat, I do not see that his butt is darkened so I don't think she is in premolt
Once I put that wooden hide, the sling started to burrow under it to the plastic bottom of the enclosure and she doesn't go out, even in the nights, I know she is alive because she moves/changes her position.
Tried to change the food from crickets to mealworms and again to crickets but she simply ignore them, since the firs cricket broke her leg I always prekill her preys, do you think that offering a live prey, maybe a microckricket, will trigger her instinct or it could be dangerous? , I don't want her to loose another leg.... or stress so much

P.D I have a new sling, a beautifull GBB (it is amazing, very good eater and beautifull colors). And the P.murius has double-size after molt and is sooo fat if she continues that way his but will xplode jajaja
Just let the sling be until they no longer spend all their time buried away. I think continuing to try to offer food now only disturbs and stresses them. Sometimes T’s aren’t huge when then go into premolt — my B. albopilosum never let himself get plump. T’s — even slings and especially those from temperate regions I think can go quite a long time without eating so long as they have access to water — which you have provided. :) My Aphonopelma and Brachypelma slings always fast for several months over the winter and premolt sometimes takes a long time too.

Don’t worry! They are different in their eating habits than GBB and many OW T’s — let the sling be, only making sure they have water until several days to a week after they finally molt and then offer food again. :)

ic32k

Arachnopeon
Yeah, you are rigth, but this hamorii sling is now 8 weeks ( 2 months ) whitout eating at all nor 1 or 2 weeks... and 8 weeks to this small creature is a huge amount of time to my eyes when the OBT sling stoped eating before molting was only a week or week and a half his butt darkened and started to walk in the ground (that was unusual he/she is always in the web)...
Maybe I'm over worried because I don't want her to die, even my wife, animal lover that hates the spiders, is worried about this one...

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, you are rigth, but this hamorii sling is now 8 weeks ( 2 months ) whitout eating at all nor 1 or 2 weeks... and 8 weeks to this small creature is a huge amount of time to my eyes when the OBT sling stoped eating before molting was only a week or week and a half his butt darkened and started to walk in the ground (that was unusual he/she is always in the web)...
Maybe I'm over worried because I don't want her to die, even my wife, animal lover that hates the spiders, is worried about this one...
I understand — I worried about my little slings eating at first too! The feeding behavior of arboreals and OW T’s is VERY different in my experience and two months is really nothing to worry about even for a sling of that size.

ic32k

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone

I want to say thank you to all who shared their knowledge in this post, and tell you that the little sling molted finally this friday "Roja" even regrow his lost leg. It is still in her hide so I don't know how much grow but I know she is OK because I see movement when I look with the flashlight, and she today put her molt out of the hide...

Xenoking

Arachnopeon
If it’s not eating just crush the head of the prey and put it in the cage mine always scavenged the dead prey