B. hamorii sling eating in water dish?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
The last 2 times I've fed it's taken the roach to the water dish to eat. The first time it had filled the dish with dirt so there wasn't any water but today it's full and there he/she sits eating with the roach dipped in the water. Does this mean the humidity isn't high enough? I don't see it near the dish unless it's eating. It's easily the most active sling I have and I check on it frequently.

The enclosure has 2" of substrate with the top 1/4" dry and the rest moist. The sling has a burrow in the corner to the bottom and usually hangs out right at the mouth. Is it trying to tell me something? Should I spray the sides occasionally or moisten the top of the substrate? b hamorii.jpg

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Just being weird imo. Nothing to worry about.
I hope so, it seems to be healthy and as you can see has a nice fat butt! It does behave much differently than any of my other slings, though they are all different species. All the others are like " OMG, you looked at me...now I must bury myself for at least a week" and this one is like " Oh, you're looking at me, I must pose so you can see my good side" :)

sasker

Arachnoprince
I think you just happen to have a B. hamorii/racoon hybrid. People should just stop cross breeding species because the tarantulas loose their natural behaviour. :troll:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I think you just happen to have a B. hamorii/racoon hybrid. People should just stop cross breeding species because the tarantulas loose their natural behaviour. :troll:
Well, if it develops a black mask and bushy striped spinnerets after it's next molt I may have to have a few words with the seller :p