B.Hamorii sign of premolt?

zizz

Arachnopeon
Hi nice to meet ya guys I'm quite new to the hobby, the T in the pic is my first T literally arrived for about a month now, it took about 2 weeks to settled in and have been eaten for once(1 Dubia roach) 2 weeks ago, I was planned to feed it once or twice(depends on its appetite really) but it hasn't been eaten since then.

Then I realised its abdomen is getting darker(can tell from its bold patch as well), which I think it might in a process of premolt and that's why it refused food?

Thanks for read

Image_20180218185753.jpg Image_20180218185813.jpg

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Definitely looks like premolt. Now its a waiting game.

Try heavily overfilling the waterdish and upping the heat and it usually goes a bit faster!

In the meantime, buy some new ts. More on the shel make for a more interesting hobby experience haha

zizz

Arachnopeon
Definitely looks like premolt. Now its a waiting game.

Try heavily overfilling the waterdish and upping the heat and it usually goes a bit faster!

In the meantime, buy some new ts. More on the shel make for a more interesting hobby experience haha
Thanks for reply;), I did overflow the water dish a bit this morning, however it occasionally climbing walls I was worrying about the substrate is a bit too damp before(it dries out now), so shall I overflow a bit more?

my room temp is about 21-24C (70-75f) and I believe its a bit hotter in the enclosure, I do have a heatmat shall I use it?

And haha yeah I do have two Ts, one is the beauty in the thread and another is Avic sp.columbia they all about 6cm leg span juv, love them so much

Recently I'm so eager to get a euathlus sp.red, been looking for it a while but seems like there's none left in the UK:(

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Thanks for reply;), I did overflow the water dish a bit this morning, however it occasionally climbing walls I was worrying about the substrate is a bit too damp before(it dries out now), so shall I overflow a bit more?

my room temp is about 21-24C (70-75f) and I believe its a bit hotter in the enclosure, I do have a heatmat shall I use it?

And haha yeah I do have two Ts, one is the beauty in the thread and another is Avic sp.columbia they all about 6cm leg span juv, love them so much

Recently I'm so eager to get a euathlus sp.red, been looking for it a while but seems like there's none left in the UK:(
Those temps are perfectly fine, no need for the heat mat.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If its roaming around it likely is due to the damp sub, but moisture is crucial for a t pending a molt

If it were MY t i would pour a glass of water down that corner until the sub is dark all the way down. Thatll give it a nice humidity boost

zizz

Arachnopeon
If its roaming around it likely is due to the damp sub, but moisture is crucial for a t pending a molt

If it were MY t i would pour a glass of water down that corner until the sub is dark all the way down. Thatll give it a nice humidity boost
U mean wet the corner near the water dish?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Okay thank you for the suggestion:), during the premolt period how often overflow of waterdish do u recommend?
I would simply keep it full, you can overflow the sub to some extent but this species doesn't really need it. They prefer predominantly dry sub, even in pre molt.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah, it'll definitely moult within the next couple of weeks.

Just laughed because this was in my "on this day" tab on Wastebook.

16830663_1605442282802538_4897970623133030006_n.jpg

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
You can moisten any part of the enclosure you want, I alternate so I don't get mold.

zizz

Arachnopeon
You can moisten any part of the enclosure you want, I alternate so I don't get mold.
Yeah I’ve seen ppl moist each side alternatively to avoid mold, for B hamorii I wouldn’t be worry too much as it always prefer it really dry tho

zizz

Arachnopeon
Yeah, my girl's broken, she doesn't kick hairs, she just throws up threat postures and slaps everything within reach instead lol.
Wow she’s grumpy hey, mine’s just ran away from roaches and slap them away since she fast for premolt

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
Yeah, my girl's broken, she doesn't kick hairs, she just throws up threat postures and slaps everything within reach instead lol.
Mine doesn't kick either but instead he runs. I call him little old world because he's legit faster than my pokie and my pokie lives up to its name.