B. Emilia Problem

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my 3" B. Emilia last wednesday, and since then she hasn't moved much at all. I thought it might be stress from her trip, but I don't know. She hasn't eaten anything, and I placed her in front of her water dish, but I don't think she's drunk anything. Could it be just stress like I thought, with her having to get used to a new habitat? I hope I'm just worrying about nothing, but I'd feel better if someone else told me that. Thanks.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
I got my 3" B. Emilia last wednesday, and since then she hasn't moved much at all. I thought it might be stress from her trip, but I don't know. She hasn't eaten anything, and I placed her in front of her water dish, but I don't think she's drunk anything. Could it be just stress like I thought, with her having to get used to a new habitat? I hope I'm just worrying about nothing, but I'd feel better if someone else told me that. Thanks.
My experience with this species is that they are pretty much pet rocks. I think it's just the nature of a happy B. emilia to be very, very sedentary! They aren't big eaters, either--the only emilia I've had with a real appetite turned out to be male. Good luck with your spider. It sounds as though you've given her everything she needs, and I'd say unless there's leg curling or some other sign of trouble you have no cause for worry.

Joy

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Her legs have been a little curled, but she is alive, thank goodness. That's why I am so worried.