B. Emilia or B. Boehmei, I need advice which to get.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
There are 5 native species of tarantula here, I only mentioned three. I'll research what the other two are and tag you. I haven't seen wolf spiders here yet though huntsman spiders and jumping spiders are common am just not sure about the other species coz I live within the metro.

Where ya from btw if ya don't mind me asking :)
That sounds good. I enjoy finding out about what everybody has around them in other places.

Since I am new to this I still don't know as much about the OW tarantulas. I currently only own one OW tarantula - Hysterocrates gigas. I got it as a surprise freebie. I figure I will wait until some of my more advanced NW tarantulas become adults before getting more of them. I own a bunch of Psalmopoeus and Tapinauchenius genus which are good preparation T's.

I am from Greenville, South Carolina (East Coast US).

Einlanzer

Arachnopeon
That sounds good. I enjoy finding out about what everybody has around them in other places.

Since I am new to this I still don't know as much about the OW tarantulas. I currently only own one OW tarantula - Hysterocrates gigas. I got it as a surprise freebie. I figure I will wait until some of my more advanced NW tarantulas become adults before getting more of them. I own a bunch of Psalmopoeus and Tapinauchenius genus which are good preparation T's.

I am from Greenville, South Carolina (East Coast US).
Yeah though I don't really enjoy it since I'm in the city.

I don't own any OW, am still a newbie so that's a no-no. Though your choice of sp are cool, I especially love the Gigas's color, simple but elegant looking though it's still a no-no for me, am sticking with the Brachys... for now hehe

AND WOAH! I ENVY YOU! you live in a nice place, Reedy River looks beautiful doesn't it? Greenville has lots of trees ayt? Man, in here all I see are cement :/

btw, am posting a thread, I hope you help me out.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Yeah though I don't really enjoy it since I'm in the city.

I don't own any OW, am still a newbie so that's a no-no. Though your choice of sp are cool, I especially love the Gigas's color, simple but elegant looking though it's still a no-no for me, am sticking with the Brachys... for now hehe

AND WOAH! I ENVY YOU! you live in a nice place, Reedy River looks beautiful doesn't it? Greenville has lots of trees ayt? Man, in here all I see are cement :/

btw, am posting a thread, I hope you help me out.
I lived in Atlanta for over 25 years so I can relate with city and cement. Greenville is a much better choice than Atlanta (less traffic and less crime). I actually haven't see the Reedy River area yet though I know where it is located.

I am in agreement with you about OW's. I had no intention to get any OW's myself and am trying to plan for when rehouse occurs for my H. Gigas. I wish I could get an accessible molt from it because I would like to know if I need to plan for a male T. So far it is pretty much a pet hole so care is fairly easy.

Einlanzer

Arachnopeon
I lived in Atlanta for over 25 years so I can relate with city and cement. Greenville is a much better choice than Atlanta (less traffic and less crime). I actually haven't see the Reedy River area yet though I know where it is located.

I am in agreement with you about OW's. I had no intention to get any OW's myself and am trying to plan for when rehouse occurs for my H. Gigas. I wish I could get an accessible molt from it because I would like to know if I need to plan for a male T. So far it is pretty much a pet hole so care is fairly easy.
I envy you more now T^T
ADOPT ME! hahhaa

I hope it turns out female for you and pet holes, I have two of those, the albos... I never see them anymore -_-

btw, got the two smithi last night... and it's uh, a bit problematic for me, check out the photos.
On the other thread I just made, they say it's 1instar or 2 instar -_-
Didn't expect it to be this small.

Attachments

Benurmanii

Arachnosquire
I vote boehmei, was my second T, very active and vigorous eater. Really miss that one.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I envy you more now T^T
ADOPT ME! hahhaa

I hope it turns out female for you and pet holes, I have two of those, the albos... I never see them anymore -_-

btw, got the two smithi last night... and it's uh, a bit problematic for me, check out the photos.
On the other thread I just made, they say it's 1instar or 2 instar -_-
Didn't expect it to be this small.
Weather can be nasty here. It may be 70 F / 20 C one one day and then the next day it is 28 F / -2 C.

I have a bunch of slings that are pet holes. It is my hope that as they get much bigger things will change.

I don't have any smithi slings but have heard they are fairly durable. I have an adult that I believe is female, but I am having to wait for a molt to confirm it. I hope it goes well for you. Patience is the big key with the small ones.