B. albopilosum sling set up

agep4

Arachnopeon
Okay so I picked up a curly hair sling on Sunday from the British tarantula show. It’s by far the smallest tarantula iv ever owned (it’s my second sling) with a leg span of 1/4” however it came in a deli cup the same size as you would get hummus in from Morrison’s (sorry to all internationals who that doesn’t give any reference of size too ❤). It seems far too big for the little sling to be able to catch its food in? I have a vial that my C. darlingi came in and I’m just wondering if I should move it into that so it’s able to catch the food easier?
Also any tips towards rearing it are welcomed :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
With terrestrial slings, its best to keep enclosures on the small side. Go for the rehouse, as for feeding...pre killed is the way to go at that size.

agep4

Arachnopeon
With terrestrial slings, its best to keep enclosures on the small side. Go for the rehouse, as for feeding...pre killed is the way to go at that size.
I though that would be the case, what it came in just seems far too large for it :)

agep4

Arachnopeon
An update, so I moved it over into the vial last night, woke up this morning to find it moulted over night and was munching on the dead cricket I put next to the starter burrow!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
An update, so I moved it over into the vial last night, woke up this morning to find it moulted over night and was munching on the dead cricket I put next to the starter burrow!
Next time, don't feed the same day as the molt...very surprised its eating.

Even the smallest slings should be given 2-3 days at the minimum to harden before feeding.

agep4

Arachnopeon
Next time, don't feed the same day as the molt...very surprised its eating.

Even the smallest slings should be given 2-3 days at the minimum to harden before feeding.
I normally wouldn’t :) I didn’t realise it was even in premoult (kicking myself) and dropped a half dead cricket in for it. It must have moulted and jut started eating :)