B.albopilosum sling in premolt again?

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
I bought a 2cm-1inch b.albopilosum sling exactly 3 weeks ago. It burrowed and closed off its burrow. After 2days, it molted. I waited like 5days then gave it a 1.5inch super worm. I fed it a small roach the following week. Few days ago i offered it a roach, but it didnt take it. I offered it roach again earlier today, still didnt take it. Its last meal was 10days ago. it closed off its hide again. Its abdomen is darkening. Is it possible its in premolt again only after 2weeks?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I bought a 2cm-1inch b.albopilosum sling exactly 3 weeks ago. It burrowed and closed off its burrow. After 2days, it molted. I waited like 5days then gave it a 1.5inch super worm. I fed it a small roach the following week. Few days ago i offered it a roach, but it didnt take it. I offered it roach again earlier today, still didnt take it. Its last meal was 10days ago. it closed off its hide again. Its abdomen is darkening. Is it possible its in premolt again only after 2weeks?
If its abdomen is darkening then yes, it seems really fast from its last molt, but that really doesn't mean anything, if the abdomen is darkening, then yes it must be in pre-molt...any questions like this are best accompanied with a picture, just so we can see what you're seeing, post some shots of the abdomen and the spider of course.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
If its abdomen is darkening then yes, it seems really fast from its last molt, but that really doesn't mean anything, if the abdomen is darkening, then yes it must be in pre-molt...any questions like this are best accompanied with a picture, just so we can see what you're seeing, post some shots of the abdomen and the spider of course.
Oops. Sorry. Here. What do you think?

Attachments

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I don't remember my B albo looking like that. But yeah -- looks pre-moult. You must be feeding it very well!

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When fed a lot these guys will grow quick, nothing to worry about. Just make sure it has water and let it do it's thing.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
I don't remember my B albo looking like that. But yeah -- looks pre-moult. You must be feeding it very well!
When fed a lot these guys will grow quick, nothing to worry about. Just make sure it has water and let it do it's thing.
Im not worried. I was surprised that its in premolt again. If it molts next week, thats 2 molts in one month lol

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im not worried. I was surprised that its in premolt again. If it molts next week, thats 2 molts in one month lol
Ah I see and yeah I get what you mean, I have a B.emilia female that grew from 1/2 an inch to 3 inches in a year and it surprised the hell out of me because I was expecting her to grow very slowly. Best of look with your little fella!

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
Lol this b.albopilosum just molted. Went on to check on my collection and saw my b.albo finished molting. I thought its gonna molt in atleast a week. It molted 20 days after its last molt. I didnt know thats possible lol i was surprised :D

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
It looks similar to the one I had, right after a molt.

Let us know if it molts again in 3 weeks, haha. What temperatures do you keep them at? Higher temps can help them grow quickly.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
TBH, that's not really that surprising, I had three C. minax slings moult 4 times in one week, so between the three of them, one molted twice in a week and the other two just the once, but the other two molted the following week, granted they were a lot smaller than you B. albo, but it's still not too surprising. Heat, feeding frequency, humidity, all play a part in the process, so credit where credit's due - you're doing very well with the care of your B. albopilosum.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
It looks similar to the one I had, right after a molt.

Let us know if it molts again in 3 weeks, haha. What temperatures do you keep them at? Higher temps can help them grow quickly.
Sexed the molt and its a male... yeah maybe its the temp. Im always away at daytime but im guessing on afternoons temps are at 85-95 easily here in the philippines. At night when aircondition is on, i think it drops a bit. Not much since my t's are in my room and i try not to make it too cold.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
TBH, that's not really that surprising, I had three C. minax slings moult 4 times in one week, so between the three of them, one molted twice in a week and the other two just the once, but the other two molted the following week, granted they were a lot smaller than you B. albo, but it's still not too surprising. Heat, feeding frequency, humidity, all play a part in the process, so credit where credit's due - you're doing very well with the care of your B. albopilosum.
Woah 2 molts in 1week. Im getting 4 new slings next week about 1.5-2cm each, i hope they grow as fast as this b.albopilosum lol p.formosa,d.fasciatus, n.incei gold and p.sazimai. im excited. Credit goes to insanely hot temp here in philippines lol but thanks :D

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Woah 2 molts in 1week. Im getting 4 new slings next week about 1.5-2cm each, i hope they grow as fast as this b.albopilosum lol p.formosa,d.fasciatus, n.incei gold and p.sazimai. im excited. Credit goes to insanely hot temp here in philippines lol but thanks :D
The P. sazimai grows as fast a rock, mines took about 6 weeks to molt from a .5cm sling, it did get quite big considering, it is now over the 1cm mark, as for the others, Pokies grow quite quickly, The D. fasciatus and the N. incei. gold, I'm not sure of at all, lovely species though, enjoy....

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Maybe mine just appeared curlier... earlier.
(Or at least a more bed-head look -- very 'fluffy')
Perhaps there is some genetics at play? Maybe genetics factor when curls show/how much of a curl they get? I dunno, just a stab in the dark.

Sexed the molt and its a male... yeah maybe its the temp. Im always away at daytime but im guessing on afternoons temps are at 85-95 easily here in the philippines. At night when aircondition is on, i think it drops a bit. Not much since my t's are in my room and i try not to make it too cold.
That'd do it, yeah. Lots of food, lots of heat. But now that I look at the picture again, it looks like your sling is in a really tall enclosure? How high from the substrate to the top? You don't want them to fall.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
Perhaps there is some genetics at play? Maybe genetics factor when curls show/how much of a curl they get? I dunno, just a stab in the dark.

Its in a small critter keeper, about 4" from top to bottom. Substrate is about 1.5-2", so its not that high. Sling is about 2" before it molted. :D

That'd do it, yeah. Lots of food, lots of heat. But now that I look at the picture again, it looks like your sling is in a really tall enclosure? How high from the substrate to the top? You don't want them to fall.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
Its in a small critter keeper, about 4" from top to bottom. Substrate is about 1.5-2", so its not that high. Sling is about 2" before it molted. :D

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Nah, my B albo is just better than everyone else's. :rofl:

Seriously, it could be a genetics thing -- I just remember at 1"+ mine looking like a small wad of fluff! (Still does, albeit a 3"+ ball of fluff these days!) lol
And to be fair, it grew up along side my G pulchripes -- so I suppose I naturally made sub-conscious comparisons since I got them both at 2nd instar, just weeks apart. They sort of grew up together (well not together in same enclosure!).
Naturally, B albo would appear fluffier in that comparison.
G pulchripes has definitely outpaced B albo in size though today.

Both were cuties, no doubt -- and it would be impossible to pick a fave -- esp when newbies ask for advice on choosing a good beginner T.