B. albiceps breeding

starnaito

Arachnosquire
I have an opportunity to get a male B. albiceps to pair with my female. If I buy him, the pairing won't be for while yet since my female is currently in premolt and the male is at least one more molt away from maturity. This will be the very first pairing in my collection, so I would like to use the time until they're ready to gather as much info. as possible.

I have read about the breeding process and watched plenty of YouTube videos, but as I'm sure many of you here know, experience is the best teacher. If anyone out there has bred this species before (or bred any similar species, really) and can share some tips, I'd really appreciate it.

I also have a juvenile male and female B. hamorii, but it will be years yet before they mature and are able to be paired!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
How large is the male? I ask only because they take a very long time to mature, compared to other males. He might be more than a couple of moults away from maturing and that can translate to years.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
How large is the male? I ask only because they take a very long time to mature, compared to other males. He might be more than a couple of moults away from maturing and that can translate to years.
He is 5" DLS.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
I have the male now, and he's quite handsome. :) He's been here one night and has already done a lot of webbing. But it will still be some time before both Ts are ready to pair.

IMG_20180614_082244_430.jpg