aww damn

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Just found a 1/4" C.thorelli sling all curled up and dead :(. Unknown cause of death. sucks.

-V

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That sucks. It just proves why certain species are expensive and hard to get. We had 4 I. hirsuta last year and 3 of them died mysteriously at different times/instars. The last one was found dead midmolt and was fine the night before.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by arachnopunks
That sucks. It just proves why certain species are expensive and hard to get. We had 4 I. hirsuta last year and 3 of them died mysteriously at different times/instars. The last one was found dead midmolt and was fine the night before.
I lost an A. metallica sling midmolt. :( The thing was so cute. It was doing so well until it died. I should get another one. Either that or a versicolor. Well, I have a Chevron s'ling to take care of for now.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hate losing slings. My condolences.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vayu Son
Just found a 1/4" C.thorelli sling all curled up and dead :(. Unknown cause of death. sucks.

-V
I agree 100%, V. My condolences.

Joy

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh, that really stinks..I'm sorry to hear that...
I hate it when that happens :(

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey Vayu -

Sorry to hear you lost your sling, but I have a question for you, or perhaps maybe just an anecdotal observation.

I saw Art Cerda's C. Thorelli Hatchlings recently, and they were at the molt past the eggs with legs stage. At that instar they were at least a half inch long, probably longer. Art had told me that they should not be sold until 1 more molt after that point, where they can begin to eat prey. So, I am wondering why yours was so small? I would think that sling size wouldn't vary so much between eggsacs

Bill

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

It was large enough to eat prey, Im just used to undersizing T's. All spread it was probably at least 3/4", but due to small body size was just a runt. Im guessing it was one of the sibling feeders of the eggsac.

-V

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sorry for your loss. Unknown causes of death add frustration onto loss.

Adrian

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is really too bad. My H maculata spiderling molted last night and i cant believe it got out of its old skin. It was in the craziest position in one of its web tunnels.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Vayu,
I'm so sorry. Not much hurts worse than losing a pet.

Peace,
Gillian
:( :(