My one and only, but I love her.

A avic (Female)

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: ID q again...

Originally posted by DE3
I have 12 Avics, and love 'm all.

I bought six A metallica (?) in one batch. Half look like this.....
Those look to me like a.huriana.

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mixed bag of avics?

PapaSmurf said:
Those look to me like a.huriana.
Thanks for your observation. I was thinking the same thing, hence the post. And one little detail I didnt mention--they're WC, so ending up with two diff avics makes some sense. Everybodies doing fine, so thats ok w/me.
Two that are "likely" A metallica have molted, and proven female....

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I think this new way to post pictures is great, particular for us without a site. Now what would have taken multiple posts get taken care of in one.

Now having remembered where I had Dancer's pictures stored, my female A.avicularia RIP here she's got about 3 and seriously munching out

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Avic ?

Hi
Here is a cool avic I picked up, it's since died though.

Alex

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
DE3 said:
Thanks for your observation. I was thinking the same thing, hence the post. And one little detail I didnt mention--they're WC, so ending up with two diff avics makes some sense. Everybodies doing fine, so thats ok w/me.
Two that are "likely" A metallica have molted, and proven female....
dont really matter what they are still nice looking

Josh(king of fluff)

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ads

The one that died.....

Very illusive I think that i bid on that one but it got away.......

How about some adult A. bicegoi pix!

N-Joy

Art

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Midwest Art said:
The one that died.....

Very illusive I think that i bid on that one but it got away.......

How about some adult A. bicegoi pix!

N-Joy

Art
Well not quite an adult but is getting there, is around 3". Greg

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And two more of my little avics, as I have yet to see the little A. laetas. First one is mom with eggsac but is pretty hard to make out, and next is one of the two males I had with her, she made a snack out of the other :( . Greg

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well an Avic in general appreciation thread. I've been keeping T's for a lil over two years now and have to say I have fondness for Avics. I love to see them in action making webs. Also watching the slings change from juv to adult colors, it's like they are morphing into a different T all together. My next Avics will be A.hurrania, A.minatrix and A.juruensis. Well here is my A.braun sling

Later
Hairy

Attachments

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they are indeed nice beasts grow much bigger than Avi avic + super fast growing spiderlings :)

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avic Avic

I was finally able to take some decent pictures of "Blue" a little while ago, and here is the story that goes along with it:

Blue was on the side of his enclosure and I noticed there was a half dead cricket stuck between the water dish and the bark. I took the lid off and used my forceps to get the cricket out. Of course I wasn't paying much attention to Blue, just trying to get to the cricket. Grabbed the cricket with the forceps, and started pulling it out. As soon as I was at the same level as Blue he threw himself on the cricket, hanging onto the forceps. :eek: What precision! Kinda scared the wits out of me for a second, but he was just content to climb from the forceps onto the bark, cricket in tow. :D

Gotta love this species, I certainly do.

---
Wendy
---