Species Avicularia juruensis (a.k.a. Avicularia urticans)

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone have some pics to show?....thanx guys.I recently purchase one....and cant wait to see more of them out there....Mine seems a bit nasty!is that normal behaviour among them?

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey, mine is probably 2 and half inch long.....sorry no pics yet.I´ll do it soon as i can so.....but I´d say ..she is.. a gorgeous brownish purple type of coloration.

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not A. juruensis as far as I know... I think they have yellow bandings around the joints...

its an adult male right?

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
u need to read the papers that describe them. Unfortunatley there arent many 'true' avics in the hobby due to inbreeding and mis iding. I am nt familiar with that species of avic so i cannot say but cool little T u got.

Nhamo

Arachnopeon
It's male, here is the new pics!

I want to know if it is an Avic juruensis, if it's not can you tell what spp it is?

Last edited:

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Nhamo,
To be honest im not sure what spp it is, would you have a picture of it before it matured into a male.
My GUESS would be that it is what is going around the PET TRADE as aurantiaca/juruensis but not the real aurantiaca/juruensis.But it is probably a colour variant of Avicularia Urticans.

Sibeleen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol thanx mate, :eek: atleast someone likes the pic
have a good one matey

SiB

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Hehe nice! :) Had one of my purpureas do the same thing. Really adorable creatures!

Sibeleen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi solaceofwinter
lol should have seen my facial expresion when i actually realized that i got this on film lol, setup is quite simple, just a piece of cork bark in the corner of the tank. The T did most of the job creating a silk palace ;)

hi Cirith Ungol
Purpurea u say? Id love to get me one of those...I'm very much in love with genus Avicularia! Wonder if there are any aggressive Avics?!

indeed Nick_schembri,
I find it very exciting that i can offer him food in such a way. Its by far the prefered method over simply releasing some crix in his tank. Arboreals just ROCK man!

LOL GootySapphire
As you can see, i could not resist...its just the way he snatchs the cricket off my tweezers, it was absolutely owned! lol

Well thank you guys for stoppin by :) I'm glad u all enjoyed the vid as much as i enjoyed makin it :D
Have a good one u lovely folks.

SiB

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I've heard that the largest avics can get a bit grumpy, but I know no specifics, I don't even know their names. Was a long time I read about them...