Avicularia sp. and clay?

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya all,

I've just watched birdspidersCH's vid on Avicularia sling care and was wondering if any of you guys have tried this and if any clay pellets would work.

Tangled

Arachnopeon
I haven't tried it but thought is seemed like a good idea (unless my kids were to knock of over In which case the slings would have rocks falling on them instead of dirt). If you search his seramis product on Amazon you can find equivalent products in the USA.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
It’s probably not a bad idea since it works for them but all I do is a water dish and some water on there web or the side every few days.
I’ll put a few drops on the substrate every so often.
Avics just need to be checked on more often that other T’s

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't tried it but thought is seemed like a good idea (unless my kids were to knock of over In which case the slings would have rocks falling on them instead of dirt). If you search his seramis product on Amazon you can find equivalent products in the USA.
Thing is is that I'm not in the States:) That makes things easier though, Germany isn't that far from Sweden so there's a largish chance that I'd be able to get the exact same stuff he has.

Tangled

Arachnopeon
Thing is is that I'm not in the States:) That makes things easier though, Germany isn't that far from Sweden so there's a largish chance that I'd be able to get the exact same stuff he has.
The Seramis product was $175 on amazon.com... So, alternatives would be the way to go here. The local reptile store who is an importer uses Vermiculite. It's lightweight, low risk of mold, holds moisture well.