1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avicularia sling cages.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Venom1080, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    IMG_20170111_152403312.jpg i have a few avics on the way, arriving tomorrow, (a 1" A laeta, a 1/2" A diversipes, and a 1/3" A cf purpurea) and since i am out of 16oz deli cups, and the diversipes and the purpurea are so small, would any of you think these vials would work? im asking as i hate having slings under 1" in 16 and 32 oz deli cups, but ive never raised a avic with out a water dish... i think frequent feedings and twice a week misting would be fine, but want peoples opinions... thanks. :) IMG_20170111_152407369_HDR.jpg IMG_20170111_152422849.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

I have been keeping avics and other aboreals in these vials without a water dish and only misting. They can do fine with just that.

But i must say i prefer these little enclosures with room for a water dish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. mistertim

mistertim Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

I think you should be fine with the occasional dribbling of some water on the webbing or a corner of the sub as long as the ventilation is good (which it looks to be from the pics).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron Active Member

my 1/2" diversipes is happy in exact vials.. Although it will need a rehouse with the next molt :)

5. Venom1080

how often are you misting?

6. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron Active Member

I do it once or twice a week but I have a radiator directly under my slings. This is rather hard to explain what I do lol :D I take the cap in my hands and point my spray bottle towards it.. I then spray the bottom of the lid until drops start falling on the webbing.. After five or so drops I close the lid.. :D I do this about twice a week.. Apparently it works, because my avic slings eat regularly and appear plump :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Venom1080

haha i get it. ;)

8. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnodemon Active Member

Looks good. I prefer this method so I don't tear the webbing. The funnel like web goes all around the enclosure too which is pretty rad!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Venom1080

id love to use those but theyre not in CAN. i found some at a expo once but im using them for my ornata and one of my scorplings. they eventually web lower.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Venom1080

Well, they all arrived alive and are double to triple the sizes I expected. The laeta is gorgeous, a versicolor sling with red on the abdomen. I'm getting more deli cups tonight so I'll rehouse the other slings into them. Thanks for the advice guys.

• Love Love x 1