Avicularia purpurea vs. Avicularia sp "Peruvian purple"

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, so it's been a while since I was in the hobby, but there is a difference in appearance between the slings of these two species, right? I ordered some purpurea slings but think I got the wrong species.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. purpurea are black and white as slings, while A. sp. "Peru purple" look like the usual Aviculari slings. That's one way to differentiate them when tiny...at least to my knowledge. I only kept A. purpurea, never the other species.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks...that's what I thought! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. The seller is offering a refund if I send them back.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Ewwwwwwwwww Facebook classifieds! :bored:
Its a professional breeders (reptile) business page not typical personal add. Simon is a member here, is present at most all the local reptile shows in the PNW.
I get the EWWWW!! but not valid in this instance. FTR I detest FB and am glad his Business page is set to public.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds awesome! But it would take me two and a half hours to drive to Auburn...not worth the gas money if I was just going for a few slings. ;) The seller has covered the return shipping so it's not a huge deal. Apparently it was a mixup on the part of their supplier. They should have some actual purpureas in stock soon.