Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Check out what I found today! :D {D *Flying monkey happy dance!*

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
fantastic!

That's fantastic...

Keep the pictures coming! I've been dying to get a Purpurea or twelve and I'm always happy to see people having success with theirs.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice! :clap:

These guys are beautiful! I've wanted one for awhile, but I keep telling myself "no more avics!" Might just end up having to break that rule...

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is so exciting! It definitely takes the edge off of the disappointment with your versi sac. Hopefully this one is viable and produces lots and lots of babies!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A couple of days ago I couldn't wait any longer...

Somebody was NOT happy...:eek:

There were 82 good ones, one bad...:p

So now we'll just wait and see... I send them to a friends house because I'm still nervous and bummed over my recent loss of the versicolor sac. The whole sac wasn't fertile, but I didn't want anything to go wrong with this one because of me... :eek:

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you! I'm very excited! :) In a couple of weeks I'll know how good this sac was.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice! such a beatiful spider. hehe

uhm, sorry for the stupid question but why do you separate the eggs and put it into different containers where thier numbers are few?? hehe

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some of us have seen cannibalism at the eggs with legs stage so by putting them in smaller groups it seems to help prevent that from happening as much.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only time I've ever been afraid of my avic avic was when i tryed to take her sac... She defended her babies with 8 legs 2 pedipalps and 2 fangs.

I felt so bad taking the sac. the mother was grabbing loose webbing and holding it. did she do that for you lori?

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some of us have seen cannibalism at the eggs with legs stage so by putting them in smaller groups it seems to help prevent that from happening as much.
so if you put them in smaller groups, do you still need to stir them?or you could just leave them alone unitil they turn into 2i?? sorry for asking these questions,just don't want to make any mistakes when i'm in that situation.hehe

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You still spin them a few times a day till they pop out into eggs with legs, after that you do not have to rotate them anymore.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You still spin them a few times a day till they pop out into eggs with legs, after that you do not have to rotate them anymore.
so thats how it works. hehe tnx again for answering my qustions!:worship: :worship:

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Staley, she did grab the webbing and was trying to ball it up. I did feel bad, but I also thought it was very cute. I have her the sac back. She didn't pick it up right away, but now that I check on her she does have it. She's completely redone everything in her enclosure and is still tending her sac.

My versicolor that had the bad sac let go of it easily... I hope the good fight may be an indicator of it's health.