Avicularia juruensis

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck on finding one...they seem to be one of the more rare Avics out there. Here's another thread regarding them: CLICK

bchbum11

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine are all pretty mellow, more like the average A. avic than an A. diversipes. I don't think I've seen anything that could be called defensive behavior from any of them. 2 have been fairly fast growers, going from 1/2" to 4.5" in a year and a half. The 3rd, a sacmate, is less than half that size. It's a picky eater that goes off food sooner and resumes eating later around molts than the others. Care is similar to others in the genus. Think this one is a girl, but the molt was fairly mangled. Sorry for the lack of picture quality, need to invest in a camera that doesn't double as a phone.
A jurensis.JPG

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mine are all pretty mellow, more like the average A. avic than an A. diversipes. I don't think I've seen anything that could be called defensive behavior from any of them. 2 have been fairly fast growers, going from 1/2" to 4.5" in a year and a half. The 3rd, a sacmate, is less than half that size. It's a picky eater that goes off food sooner and resumes eating later around molts than the others. Care is similar to others in the genus. Think this one is a girl, but the molt was fairly mangled. Sorry for the lack of picture quality, need to invest in a camera that doesn't double as a phone.
Now I'm jealous! Go on...rub it in!

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
ah, they ARE available in the US! I've only heard of people from Europe having them so far. They were on my wish list but I gave up hope. Good to know they're around. When my male inevitably gets eaten by his future girlfriend, I may have to get one of these :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ah, they ARE available in the US! I've only heard of people from Europe having them so far. They were on my wish list but I gave up hope. Good to know they're around. When my male inevitably gets eaten by his future girlfriend, I may have to get one of these :)
Available in Europe? Next to none at all - at least not in the part of Europe being Germany - believe me - I'm STILL looking and can't find any (as stated in the thread linked before) :mad:

Whosnumber1

Arachnopeon
Available in Europe? Next to none at all - at least not in the part of Europe being Germany - believe me - I'm STILL looking and can't find any (as stated in the thread linked before) :mad:
I believe tisoyspiders from my youtube link in he main post lives in germany and he got a M and F pair. you should contact him.

Thanks bchbumm for the info and pic. now i want one even more!

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I'm not saying I know for sure what their availability is, but the only time I had seen someone sharing pictures of theirs (and again it may have been on another site?), they were from the UK. I guess I just assumed, since Europe tends to get species before the US does generally.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I believe tisoyspiders from my youtube link in he main post lives in germany and he got a M and F pair. you should contact him.

Thanks bchbumm for the info and pic. now i want one even more!
Oh, I know him! I was quite jealous when he got his, but alas - this one wasn't from a breeder / seller regularly, but he got lucky and found someone that sold all of his T's getting out of the hobby ...