Avicularia Enclosure

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Anything more I should do with this? My husband offered to pick me up an Avicularia tonight for an early Xmas gift, and I had to put together an enclosure fast. It is a large (one gallon?) Utz pretzel jar. The ventilation holes are not easy to see, but I drilled 2 lines of them on the top and 2 on the bottom and a massive amount in the lid. The cork is secured on with screws and washers. There's a little ledge for the water bowl. The moss looks deeper than it is. I may remove it (there's coconut fiber underneath).

I'm pleased how fast it came together. The T seemed to take to it well. He marched right from his little carrier into the enclosure and has been hanging out on the front for a while. Hoping he makes himself at home and starts webbing tonight. I'll try to get more detailed shots of it tomorrow with my camera.

Attachments

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Looks fine to me, but don't be surprised if they make their home right at the top. :rofl: Caribena/Avicularia are good for that.

Last edited:

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
I'm hoping s/he will hang out under the leaves under the lid instead (fingers crossed). So far he's just staying on the sides. We had been waiting to buy him, because he had molted last week so I'm sure he's probably hungry.