Avicularia avicularia sling help advice

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think it fits now..

How do I get the link to read some other text like you did for Arane. I didn't see a way to do it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Type this:

[urlEQUALSSIGNhttp://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461396]TEXT GOES HERE[/url]

Replace "EQUALSSIGN" with... well, the equals sign.
Thanks, I haven't entered code like that in a long time. I used to do it frequently, no longer.

Or you can type the text you want, highlight it, click the link icon on edit toolbar and enter/paste the link.
Thanks, tried before, but didn't realize the sequence needed!

This is how I have her now
Looks good. I know reading the forums one thinks Avics needs more air holes than god. While nothing is wrong w/yours, in the future to save you time, it will do fine with a single row of holes at the 12, 9, 6, and 3 o'clock positions.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
This is how I have her now
Interesting piece of wood - Do you know what type it is by chance? It may just be the lighting that gave it a reddish tint. As long as it isn't pine or cedar, I believe you are okay.

Cristian22

Arachnopeon
Interesting piece of wood - Do you know what type it is by chance? It may just be the lighting that gave it a reddish tint. As long as it isn't pine or cedar, I believe you are okay.
It's just a plain piece of wood I bought at the pet store I forgot what kind it is but it's not pine or cedar

Cristian22

Arachnopeon
Yeah I think so too thanks for your concern.I think I'm doing an okay job so far taking care of her she mostly stays In one place all day so I think that's good I will spray the web once in awhile but she has a bottle cap She can drink out of this is my first sling I no it isn't the easiest to take care of but I'm trying my best .

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Yeah I think so too thanks for your concern.I think I'm doing an okay job so far taking care of her she mostly stays In one place all day so I think that's good I will spray the web once in awhile but she has a bottle cap She can drink out of this is my first sling I no it isn't the easiest to take care of but I'm trying my best .
You will do fine. Getting the right setup is the hardest part. Then you just stay consistent on your care and enjoy your tarantula.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
This is just how I keep all my avicularia Ts. I have them in a 16oz deli cup with about 2 inches of cocofiber, a water cap, and about 4 small fake plants to climb on, especially around the top of the cage where they make their web. I feed once every 3 days or so, and spray water on the web, walls, and cocofiber about every 5 days (just when its starting to dry out, it may be more or less often depending on your humidity and ventalation.)
For ventalation, I one small hole on the top of the container that i water through, and 4-6 rows of 3 holes around the sides of the container for cross ventilation. :3